Michael's Halo

Beyonce's POV

I walked up the elevator up to the conferance room. My lawyer stood on my right side. I sighed and looked back. Michael wasn't here with me. I gulped and walked into the room. Kelly and Michelle were all in the room. I remembered Michael's words. Don't speak unless you have something serious to say. If you're done fighting then...that's it. I sat in my seat and stared at my best friends. Michael's words flew out the window. "Why?" I asked. Michelle looked away. "You sat there and won a Grammy off of a song you didn't even want to record. We don't want to live your shadow, Beyonce. We have to find ourselves." I nodded slowly.

"So that's it?" I whispered. Kelly nodded. Michelle agreed. "We're still your friends Bey," Michelle whispered. I wiped away a stray tear and nodded. "Looks like it's the end for Destiny's Child," I said coldly. I clenched my jaw and stood up. "Good luck and God's speed," was all I could manage.

When I walked into the house, I threw my purse down and huffed. My business suit came off and was traded in for a pair of sweats and a tank top. I stormed into my room and sighed. "How did it go?" Michael was leaning on the wall. "Good," I whispered. "Liar," he whispered. I nodded as I curled up under the covers. Michael sighed and knelt down in front of me. I stared into the deep dark brown eyes of my lover. He was sincere, hell he was always sincere. I touched his cheek with my finger tips and smiled.

"I'm fine. Change can affect some people." Michael nodded. "May I lay with you?" He asked. I laughed and nodded. Michael climbed in with me. I looked up at him. "Hey," I whispered. "Sup," he replied. We both just stared each other for a while. I giggled and hugged him. "Even just looking at you makes me smile," I whispered in amazement. Michael was shocked. "Don't act shocked!" I whispered. Michael rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm not actually," he whispered. I smirked as he kissed my forehead. "So, I'm going to start working on my album tomorrow," I announced.

Michael gaped. "All ready?" I nodded and sat up. "It's no point in just waiting and sitting around. I need to start working since I'm on my own now." Michael held my hand. "You're not on your own. You still have me," he whispered in a soft voice. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Yeah...I still have the King of Pop on my side." Michael wiggled his eyebrows and ran his hands through his hair. "So, we'll start working tomorrow?" He asked. I nodded. Michael did the same thing and sat up. 

"Well, would you like to go to the amusement park with me?" He asked. I shrugged and got up. "Why not? I need to ride a rollercoaster and puke a few times; haven't done that in a while." Michael laughed and put on his shades. I put on one of his button downs and jeans. Michael smiled. "You insist on wearing my clothes don't you?" I nodded as we walked out to the park in the back.

"Gosh, you have a amusement park in your backyard like it's a pool!" I whispered in awe. Michael chuckled as we walked up to one of the rides. "Ferris Wheel?" I asked. Michael nodded as he opened the door for me. I smiled and sat in the car and waited for him. Michael sat next to me and held my hand. We slowly made our way up. I gasped and looked over all of Neverland. The sun was setting as we stayed in the car in mid air.

Michael seemed at peace. I smiled. "You're happy," I whispered. Michael beamed at me. His smile on full force. "I've been happy ever since you got here." I laughed and hugged him. Michael and I stayed in the Ferris Wheel till the sun went down. I stepped off the cart and yawned. We talked about everything up there. That was our hideaway, our spot. Michael laughed at my jokes.

"I mean can you blame the guy though?" He asked. I shook my head. "I guess not," I said. Michael chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. We stumbled up the stairs to his bedroom. I stripped off my clothes and threw on Michael's tshirt before jumping into his bed.  Michael rolled his eyes as he slipped under the covers and turned the lights off. I sighed in the dark.