Chapter 29: Recording

Atsumu had gone home Sunday evening to prepare for Monday. He and Komori had messaged the group, and they were unsurprisingly all okay with taking Sakusa to the Hideout.

Bokuto happily agreed to rap for them and during their free time, Komori and Sakusa led Atsumu and Bokuto to the campus recording studio.

Atsumu and Bokuto were in the recording box while Komori and Sakusa sat just outside at the sound desk.

Atsumu pulled his black cropped hoodie over his head and chucked it aside, leaving him in just his flowy white crop-top, baggy black sweatpants, and black and white high-top Nike sneakers.

Bokuto stood next to him going over the lyrics. He was wearing a white t-shirt and black basketball shorts with white Adidas sneakers.

"This is some good shit, Tsum-Tsum, really," Bokuto complimented, "Like, I know you briefed me on this earlier but, jeez..." His voice trailed off and Atsumu smiled shyly at the ground.

"You ready, Tsumu?" Komori asked through the mic.

Atsumu's attention snapped upwards to look t Komori through the glass window and he nodded.

"Bokkun?" Komori called and Bokuto smirked and gave him a thumbs up.

Sakusa rolled forward to the desk on his chair as they all put their head phones on, "Okay... Beta version of 'Everyday' starting in three... Two... One."

(Start song at the top)
(Everyday by Ariana Grande)
Italics = Atsumu
Bold = Bokuto

The unfinished backing track of just a piano recording that Yaku sent them from the sheet music they sent, along with the added sounds from Komori's electronic sound board came on and Atsumu counted down his starting cue in his head.

"One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... Seven... Eight-"

Anytime I'm alone...
I can't help thinking about you~

Sakusa inhaled sharply and held his breath, his eyes going wide.

All I want...
All I need...
Honestly, it's just me and you~

Atsumu closed his eyes and inhaled for his next line.

He givin' me that good shit
That make me not quit~
That good shit...

Atsumu kept his voice quiet and breathy to build up into the chorus.

He givin' me that good shit
That make me not quit~
That good shit!

There was a small pause before Atsumu and Bokuto launched into the chorus.

Oh, he give it to me...
Everyday, everyday, everyday~
Every-

He give it to me!
Everyday, everyday, everyday~
Every-

Oh, he give it to me...
Everyday, everyday, everyday~
Every-

He give it to me!
Everyday, everyday, everyday~
Every-

Atsumu's voice was strong and clear as he went into the second verse.

Anytime~
Anywhere~
Baby boy, I can misbehave~

Breathe me in, breathe me out...
Fill me up~
Running through your veins~

Sakusa gulped as Atsumu's eyes flared mischievously when he opened them and stared at nowhere in particular.

He givin' me that good shit
That make me not quit~
That good shit...