Chapter 16: Livestream

"Welcome, everyone, to tonight's competition livestream!" Ice shouted with a mischievous glimmer in his eyes.

"And if you watched the announcement earlier in the week, then you should know that this is the competition to look forward to," Hero added.

Ice nodded, "Because tonight, at Uprising, it's Relentless against our beloved champions Manic, who–"

"For the first time in six months!" Hero chirped in.

"–are dancing with six members," Ice finished.

Ice and Hero were sitting at their desk while they spoke into the camera of the livestream playing on the television in the Miya residence living room.

Just as Suna had declared, Sakusa, Suna, Lev and Osamu were all piled on the couch in Osamu's living room watching Uprising's Friday-night competition livestream.

At the moment, on screen, Ice and Hero were entertaining the audience while they waited for the dancers to arrive and get warmed up.

Meanwhile, Atsumu had just finished packing his mask and his performance clothes into his backpack, and he'd just grabbed his skateboard when there was a knock on his door.

Atsumu furrowed his brows but went to answer the door, only to find Suna waiting for him.

"Hey, Rin," Atsumu greeted, "What's up?"

Suna scratched the back of his head, "Hi, Tsumu... We're gonna watch this dance competition tonight and Samu mentioned that you like dancing, so I was wondering if you wanted to watch it with us?" He asked.

Atsumu gave a small smile but shook his head, "Sorry, Sunarin, but I got plans with my friends," he explained with a shrug.

Suna nodded, "Ah, I should have expected that," he said, "You look like you're about to go out."

Atsumu chuckled, "Yeah, sorry."

Suna shook his head quickly, "No, it's fine," he replied, turning away, "Well, enjoy your time with your friends."

Atsumu smiled, "Thanks."

Suna gave a sharp nod before he made his way back downstairs to the living room, sighing as he sat down.

Osamu draped an arm over his shoulder, "What's up?"

Suna shook his head lightly, "I asked Tsumu if he wanted to watch with us but he's got plans with his friends," he replied.

Osamu nodded, "It's okay, Rin," he assured as he moved his arm down to Suna's waist to pull him closer, "We're all here to watch it with ya."

Suna grumbled, "I know, it's just... I really wanted Tsumu to watch with us," he complained.

Sakusa snorted from where he was sitting on the other side of Osamu, "Hey, it's his loss if he turned your offer down, Suna," he said with a grin, "He's missing out."

"I don't believe I'm missin' out on anythin' if I get to avoid seein' yer face, Sakusa."

Just like that, Sakusa, Suna, Osamu and Lev's attention snapped towards Atsumu, who stood at the foot of the stairs. He had an annoyed look on his face and Sakusa gulped as he ran his eyes up and down Atsumu's figure.

Atsumu was wearing something simple, a pair of plain black athletic shorts and an oversized white t-shirt with black and white high-top Converse sneakers, but, damn, did he slay that outfit.

Sakusa could see the bandages that covered his tattoo peaking out from the hem of his shorts, and he surprised himself with how much he wanted to see the ink that lied beneath it.

Atsumu had his backpack on his back and his skateboard tucked under his left arm. His phone was in his left hand and his right hand was propped up on his hip as he glared at Sakusa.

Sakusa was about to reply to Atsumu's earlier statement when the doorbell suddenly rang.

That seemed to bring Atsumu out of his annoyance because a small smile dawned across his face as he went to open the door.

Sakusa gritted his teeth when the door opened to reveal Bokuto beaming down at Atsumu.

"Hey, hey, hey, Tsum-Tsum!" Bokuto greeted excitedly, "You ready to go?"

Bokuto was wearing a loose white tank top with black shorts and white and black Adidas sneakers. He had his backpack on his back and his skateboard tucked under his left arm.

Sakusa narrowed his eyes, realizing bitterly that Atsumu and Bokuto were matching. He wondered distantly if they'd planned that.

Atsumu nodded eagerly in response to Bokuto's question, "Mhm!" He hummed.

Bokuto grinned and stepped inside to wave at the others, "Hiya, everyone!" He smiled, "I hope you don't mind me taking Tsum-Tsum to hang out."

Osamu smiled softly at Bokuto and nodded, "Go ahead, Bokkun," he replied.

Bokuto grinned and reached up to ruffle a hand through Atsumu's soft blonde hair, "Alright," he said, "Let's go, Tsumu."

Atsumu nodded and turned to follow Bokuto, but not before he waved at the others, "Bye, Samu! Bye, Sunarin! Bye, Lev!" He greeted cheerfully.

With that, and Sakusa's glare burning into the back of his skull, Atsumu followed Bokuto out of the house and he closed the door behind them.

Bokuto chuckled once they hopped on their skateboards and made their way down the street to the club, "Damn, Tsumu... Any longer standing there with you, and I think Sakusa would have had my head," he chuckled.

Atsumu snorted, "Don't mind him. He's an idiot," he replied.

Bokuto shook his head, "I don't know, Tsumu... He looked pretty jealous to me," he pointed out, "Any more jealous and he probably wouldn't be able to tell himself apart from a jelly sandwich."

Atsumu snorted and burst out laughing, his skateboard swerving slightly. Bokuto sighed, a soft smile on his face at Atsumu's reaction.

After a long comfortable silence, Bokuto spoke up again, "Are you ready for tonight?" He asked.

Atsumu was quiet for a minute, and Bokuto thought that he hadn't heard him and was about to call him when Atsumu suddenly answered, "I dunno... I'm kinda nervous, but I'm really excited as well."

Bokuto chuckled, "That's understandable, though," he replied, "You haven't danced in a competition in six months."

Atsumu nodded, "I know that, but I jus' hope I don't screw up when I get onto the floor tonight..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blep 😛

Anygays, bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -