Chapter 15: Manic

"What is this?" Osamu asked as Suna closed out of the video.

Suna was practically vibrating with energy, and it kind of scared Osamu, "Don't tell me you've never heard of Uprising," Suna warned incredulously.

"Uh..." Osamu replied intelligently, this being the first time he'd seen his boyfriend so excited by anything.

Suna facepalmed and shook his head in disappointment, but grabbed Osamu's face with both of his hands and stared into his eyes, "Uprising is only the greatest competitive underground dance club in the city," he said.

Osamu frowned, "Ya sure yer not bein' biased?"

Suna shook his head wildly as he gripped Osamu by the shoulders and shook him back and forth, "You don't understand, Samu!" He exclaimed, "All of their dancers are absolutely amazing, and their competitions are always insane!!"

Osamu grabbed Suna by his wrists and removed his hands from his shoulders, "Calm down, Rin. If yer so excited, then tell me 'bout 'em."

Suna nodded excitedly, "Uprising is an exclusive underground competitive dance club, and only the dancers know it's location!" He explained, "They live stream all of their competitions, which always happen on Friday evenings, and the viewers vote on the winners in poles that get put up on the channel during the competition."

Osamu nodded slowly, somewhat understanding, "But who is Manic?"

Suna grinned, "Only the reigning champions of Uprising," he answered, "Come on, I'm going to educate you," he added as he pulled up YouTube on his phone again.

With that, Suna began to show Osamu clips of Manic dancing in the various live stream competitions on Uprising's YouTube channel.

It was roughly an hour later when Sakusa walked out of the locker room while bickering with Lev.

"Your sets are absolute dog shit," Sakusa snapped.

Lev narrowed his eyes, "My sets are fine," he countered, "You just suck at spiking them."

Sakusa huffed an angry laugh, "Oh, you did not just say that," he replied, "Remember, you're talking to the top spiker in the v-league."

Lev scoffed, "Of course, how could I forget?" He countered, "Or maybe you can't spike properly after a taste of blondie's sets back in high school."

Sakusa near-growled, "Fuck off."

Lev chuckled lowly, amused – he hit the nail right on the head, because no matter how much he tried to hide it, Sakusa would always subconsciously compare every set he got to Atsumu's.

Sakusa shook his head as he walked over to Suna and Osamu, who were engrossed with something on Suna's phone.

They barely noticed Lev and Sakusa arrive.

Lev leaned down to catch a glimpse of the screen, "What are you watching?" He asked, startling Suna into nearly dropping his phone, which Osamu caught before it could hit the floor.

Suna didn't even bat an eye at almost cracking his phone screen, instead snatching the phone and thrusting it towards Lev and Sakusa.

On screen, a group of six dancers were dancing in what looked to be some sort of competition.

Sakusa raised an eyebrow and looked up at Suna expectantly, waiting for an explanation.

"Seriously?" Suna asked with a deadpan expression, "Neither of you know Manic??" He added incredulously.

Sakusa and Lev shared a confused glance and simultaneously shrugged before turning back to Suna's wide-eyed, disappointed gaze, "You disgust me," he hissed.

Just as Sakusa was about to counter with something sarcastic, Suna stood up abruptly, "That's it! I can't deal with this ignorance any longer!" He exclaimed, "We are all going to Samu's house on Friday evening and we are watching the livestream," he declared before sighing and muttering under his breath, "Someone needs to educate you."

Osamu blinked, "Do I get a say in this?" He asked.

Suna glared at him, "Hell no!" He answered abruptly, "Besides, you said that Atsumu likes dancing, right?" He questioned.

Osamu raised an eyebrow, "Yeah?"

"Maybe he'd want to watch it with us," Lev thought aloud, earning a nod of agreement from Suna.

"Exactly," Suna chimed in.

Osamu seemed to think about it for a second before he nodded, "Okay, I'll ask him then..."

It was right then that Osamu's phone buzzed and he quickly slipped it out of his pocket to check, grinning as he saw the notification from Instagram on screen.

Funtime_Foxy07 shared a photo.

"Speak of the devil," Osamu muttered with a chuckle as he clicked the notification and typed in his password.

He immediately smiled when Atsumu's post settled on his screen. The picture was of Atsumu hanging upside down while twisted in bands of blood red silk.

He was wearing baggy light grey sweatpants with a loose black crop-top that showed off his small, toned midsection. He was in a perfect split and the red silk was wrapped around his wrists and ankles. His arms were outspread and he had a expression of pure serenity and relaxation on his face.

Osamu smiled and his eyes drifted down to the caption.

Funtime_Foxy07 It really feels good to be back ☺️👌

"What is it?" Suna asked as he peeked over Osamu's shoulder, before he a smirked and let out a low whistle, "Okay, now, that's cool."

Lev then raised an eyebrow before he also came to look, "Jeez, why don't we hang out with Atsumu more often? He's cool!" He exclaimed, "Come look at this, Kiyo."

It was then that Lev grabbed Sakusa's arm, earning a scowl from the latter, and dragged him over to look at Osamu's phone.

Sakusa groaned but looked at the screen nevertheless. His heart nearly stopped upon seeing the photograph and he gulped, his eyes dragging down Atsumu's body before he looked away, but the image was already burned into his brain.

He turned away to run a hand through his hair and try to clear his head.

He muttered a quick, "Gotta get home," before he walked towards the exit of the gym without looking back.

Sakusa sighed once he got to his car, and ran a frustrated hand through his hair before he started the car and made his way back to his house.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am in Spain without the S right now 😭

Anygays, bye!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -