Chapter 40: Road Trip

Kuroo pulled up right on time in his 2022 Ford Mustang GT Convertible. The car was a metallic red with a wide black stripe that ran up the middle of the bonnet and straight down the back, and the number plate read, very much expectedly, M4N1C. The roof was down and Atsumu could already see that Akagi, Yaku and Bokuto were already inside with Kuroo.

Kuroo was, of course in the driver's seat. He was wearing a white sleeveless zip-up jacket with red accents. He had no shirt on underneath and dark grey camo swimming trunks on. He wore a silver chain around his neck, an assortment of black and silver bracelets and rings on his hands, and white and grey Adidas sneakers.

Bokuto was in the passenger seat. He wore a loose black tank top with white swimming trunks that had a yellow stripe a few centimeters above the hem. His hair, which was usually gelled up, hung messily over his eyes and was held down by a white peak cap. To finish it off, he had on white and yellow high-top Nike sneakers.

Akagi was sitting in the back and he had on a loose black crop-top with a plain white pair of board-shorts and white Adidas sneakers. He had his silver promise ring hanging on a silver chain around his neck and a light pastel blue jacket tied around his waist.

Yaku was also in the back seat. He had on a white crop top with a pink short-sleeved shirt hanging open over it, and a pair of white board-shorts that had pastel red and pink hibiscus flowers on it. He wore high top white and pink Nike sneakers and a pair of round silver-framed pink-tinted sunglasses.

Atsumu jumped in at the back after putting his skateboard and backpack in the trunk. They cruised down the road with the music on high, the song Panini by Lil Nas X blasting through the Mustang's modified speakers. They pulled up outside Komori and Sakusa's house, and Kuroo hooted twice to let them know that they were there.

It wasn't long before the front door was opened by Komori, who was wearing a plain white t-shirt with black, white and lime sticker-bomb swimming trunks that matched his skate board. His silver promise ring glinted on his finger, matching the chain that hung around his neck, and his white and lime high-top Converse sneakers crunched on the gravel pathway. To complete his outfit, he wore a white and lime snap-back cap backwards on his head.

Komori got in at the back after putting his backpack and his skateboard in the trunk, and Akagi immediately planted himself on his lap to make space.

A few minutes later, Sakusa exited the house and locked up behind himself. Sakusa was wearing a black t-shirt with black swimming trunks and black high-top Nike sneakers. He had his bass in its case on his back and his skateboard in his hand. There was a thin gold chain around his neck with what looked to be a small black and gold kunai dagger on the end.

Sakusa ran a hand through his hair as he walked down the pathway to the car. He put his skateboard, backpack and bass guitar in the trunk before he slid in at the back. It was a tight squeeze, but Atsumu and Yaku were both relatively small in build, so Atsumu just gingerly cuddled closer to Sakusa's side.

Sakusa was stunned, to say the least, but he just smirked and wrapped an arm around Atsumu's waist and pulled him close. The other five in the car just suppressed snickers, and Yaku reluctantly passed Komori some money while Akagi giggled.

"Alright," Kuroo called, "Everyone ready?"

Atsumu grinned, "Connect me to the bluetooth, an' we can go."

"You got it, Tsum-Tsum," Bokuto replied as he began to fiddle with the screen on the center console.

It wasn't long before they were off on their two-and-a-half-hour drive to the beach, singing along to THAT'S WHAT I WANT by Lil Nas X at the top of their lungs.

(Start the song at the top)
(Sunshine by One Republic)

About two hours in, they hit the open highway roads that overlooked the ocean, and Kuroo pulled over for Sakusa to get his bass out of the trunk to record some scenes for the music video.

The sun had stretched high into the sky by now, and it had reached its hottest temperature yet. The aim was to make it look like they were having fun while performing their song in the car, which wasn't difficult since they were having the time of their lives.

Yaku held the camera, laughing at his friends' antics. Bokuto had his arms thrown up to the sky, and he'd turned to face Kuroo and sing in his direction. Kuroo was swaying to the music and tapping the steering wheel to the beat. Akagi was still sitting on Komori's lap, though now he was straddling the brunette. He had his head thrown back in laughter with his arms hooked around Komori's neck, while Komori's hands had a tight hold on his hips and he just stared up at him lovingly. Meanwhile, Sakusa was half-standing, kneeling with his right knee on the seat and his black and gold bass in his hands. He'd taken off his t-shirt for the scene because Komori had told him to, so the black lines of ink that swirled across his pale skin glistened under the sun. Sakusa was grinning as he played the chords to match the tune of Sunshine. He leaned down to be face-to-face with Atsumu, who'd turned his body fully to sing to Sakusa, their faces mere inches away from each other.

Yaku made sure to record all of them, especially Sakusa and Atsumu, who unknowingly had the picture-perfect scenery of the bright blue sky and the calm ocean as the backdrop of their shot.

They sped down the road to the beach, having the time of their lives while they sang and danced as much as the limited space would allow them to.

The rest of the car ride was just as chaotic, but Kuroo made sure that they would be getting to their destination safely. There would be no car accidents while he was driving, especially not with his prized Mustang that he worked so hard to restore after he inherited it from his late grandfather.

As for Atsumu, he couldn't take his eyes off of Sakusa. There was a red flush high on his cheeks as he took in the sheen of sweat that coated Sakusa's inked skin and the broad muscles beneath it. They were so close too. So close that Atsumu could practically taste Sakusa's minty cologne on his lips.

They continued their shenanigans all the way down to the beach, but it was only the beginning of their beach trip. There was still a lot more chaos to come when they finally hit the sand and water.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whoop we hit chapter 40
Damn.

Anygays, bye!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -