Chapter 10: Designs

It was Tuesday morning, and Atsumu had left the house on his skateboard to head down to Komori's.

He was wearing black slim-fitting sweatpants, an oversized black zip-up hoodie with a tight-fitting black t-shirt that outlined his torso perfectly, and plain black Adidas sneakers. He accessorized with a black choker and black fingerless gloves.

He'd pulled his hood up, just because, and he had his backpack on his back as he stopped his board in front of Komori's house.

The song Danza Kuduro by Don Omar played through his headphones from where they were sitting around his neck.

It wasn't long before the rest of the group had shown up and they were off on their race to campus.

Atsumu won the race, as per usual, and then they tagged the back wall of the art studio with a massive neon fox playing tag with a slightly smaller neon cat.

With that, they vacated the area and went to their morning classes, after which, they headed to the cafeteria.

At the moment, they were all sitting at a table in the corner of the cafeteria. Atsumu was sitting on the bench where his back was facing the rest of the cafeteria, busy sketching something in his sketchbook. Meanwhile, Komori and Akagi sat next to him on his left, talking about their plans for later that week. Across from them, Kuroo and Bokuto sat awfully close together, discussing something that seemed important, and Yaku sat next to them, scrolling through Instagram on his phone while blowing massive bubbles with his bright pink bubblegum.

"Hey, Tsumu," Komori called after a while, and Atsumu looked up expectantly, "What are you drawing?" He asked, scooting over while Akagi spoke to Yaku.

Atsumu showed him the sketch. It was an image of a realistic fox surrounded by flowers.

Komori's eyes widened, "Damn, Tsumu, that's insane!" He complimented.

Atsumu giggled, "Thanks, Mori," he replied, "I'm thinkin' of gettin' it inked..."

Komori nodded, "You should," he agreed, "Actually, Kiyo and I were going to Teru's later after our classes," he informed, "He has to get the last bits of his newest tattoo done."

Atsumu hummed and nodded, "Maybe I'll tag along then," he decided, "Are ya gettin' anythin'?"

Komori shook his head, "Well, I wasn't originally, but if you can design something like that, I'll get it done," he said with a grin, "You know Teru loves to do your designs."

Atsumu chuckled, "Any specifications?" He asked.

Komori smiled, "Just one. I want a weasel," he informed, "Other than that, surprise me."

Atsumu giggled, "Got it."

With that, Atsumu finished his drawing of a fox and started on Komori's design.

"So where are you going to get that tattoo done?" Komori asked after a while.

Atsumu thought for a bit, "Maybe my hip, though I'll hafta some really loose shorts that I can pull up so I don't hafta take my pants off," he chuckled.

Komori snorted, "Teru's gonna have a field day with taking pictures for his Insta if you show up in shorts, Tsumu," he commented.

Atsumu shrugged, "An' Tori's gonna be fangirlin', but honestly, I don't care."

Komori sighed, "I'm surprised you don't wear shorts more often, Tsumu."

Atsumu huffed, "That's Samu an' his overprotective-brotherly-act's fault."

Komori laughed, "I'll text you later to tell you what time we're going to Teru's, yeah?" Komori suggested.

Atsumu nodded in confirmation, "I'll meet ya there," he said, "I dunno if I can survive a car ride with Sakusa," he added.

Komori chuckled and nodded before he turned back to talk to Akagi again.

By the time all of Atsumu's lectures had finished, it was about four o'clock and Atsumu had finished the design for Komori.

He packed up his art supplies, since he'd been at the art studio, and said goodbye to Akagi, who'd started his first piece for the semester, before he began his skateboard trip home.

The song Burn by Ellie Goulding played through his headphones, as he spent his time jumping the pavements and ramping off of uneven concrete slabs on his way home.

Atsumu hummed as his phone buzzed and he slid to a stop to take his phone out of his pocket.

A notification from his messenger app popped up on screen. He tapped the notification and typed in his password, the phone unlocking on his chats with Komori.

He picked up his board and started walking while he read the messages.

Weasel-kun😋

Weasel-kun😋
Hey Tsumu
I just spoke to Kiyo and he said that we can get to Teru's at around five-thirty
Does that sound good?

Foxy😝
Yeah sure
I'll meet you guys there

Weasel-kun😋
Cool cool
See you later then
Can't wait to see that design you made for me😉

Foxy😝
Lmao I hope you'll like it

Weasel-kun😋
Like it?
I'm sure I'll love it!
I bet the only thing that could top it is the matching tattoos that Nari designed for us

Foxy😝
Oh yeah!
Though that thing is a pain in the butt to hide from Samu

Weasel-kun😋
How? You had it done on your back?

Foxy😝
Nah I had it done at the base of my neck
It's so difficult to find clothing in my style that covers it

Weasel-kun😋
Ohh I understand
But you don't have to hide it at competitions so I guess that's okay?

Foxy😝
Mhm!
But I'll talk to you later
I have to get ready to go

Weasel-kun😋
Oh yeah
See you later, Tsumu

Foxy😝
Yep
See ya, Mori✌️

Foxy😝 is offline

By the time Atsumu had slipped his phone back in his pocket, he realized that he'd already reached home.

He shook his head with a light chuckle and headed inside.

Atsumu then quickly showered and got dressed into a pair of short plain black loose athletic shorts that he used to wear at volleyball practice back in high school and an oversized white t-shirt with a shiny red geometric fox decal on the front. He paired it with black, white and red high-top Nike sneakers, black fingerless gloves, and a thin black choker.

He had a bowl of cereal, because why not, and made sure his phone was charged before he left the house at ten minutes past five.

The song Acapulco by Jason Derulo played through his headphones as he skateboarded down the street under the dimming light of the sun that had just begun its decent towards the horizon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not me casually putting Atsumu in something very similar to what I'm wearing rn 🤐

Also, any bets on what Kiyoomi's tattoo is going to be?

Anygays, bye!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -