Chapter 6: The Hideout

Atsumu and Komori skated down through the streets as the sun just about finished setting.

They skated to a paved pathway off the side of a side-road hidden by the overhanging leaves of willow tree.

The path lead up to a massive chain-link fence in the middle of a long-forgotten field. They ran along the fence until they found a big hole in the it.

They climbed through the hole and walked through tall grass to the abandoned warehouse that sat in the middle of the field beyond the chain-link fence.

Atsumu trudged through the fields with Komori right behind him, and it wasn't long before they made it to the warehouse.

Walking through the massive doors that were open only a crack, Atsumu's eyes settled on the familiar and comforting sight of their hideout.

In a nearby corner, a few sets of couches sat around a coffee table near a rack where they could hang their skateboards.

The massive walls were covered in different designs and images that were spray-painted onto them, like a sticker bomb or collage.

At the back, was a large area where the floor was made of smooth concrete and there was a wall lined with floor-length mirrors. There was an area sectioned off where a volleyball net was situated in the far corner, and a collection of instruments ranging from a drumkit to a keyboard was in the opposite corner.

Hanging from the overhead catwalks, were various equipment used for trapeze, gymnastics, aerial hoop, and aerial silk.

Fairy lights were hung up across the ceiling, which gave the hideout a warm orange glow to add to the light of the studio area.

Atsumu smiled warmly at the familiarity of their hideout and studio, a true sight for sore eyes.

Atsumu saw his friends and smiled.

Yaku was sitting on one of the couches, scrolling through his phone, and most likely creating the playlist or looking through music videos for inspiration for their choreography.

Yaku was wearing a cropped black hoodie with black cycling shorts and black and white high-top Converse sneakers. He also had a black choker around his neck.

Akagi was busy packing a variety of energy drinks, including energades, powerades, and a few scores, into a cooler box under the coffee table.

Akagi was wearing a tight white sleeveless crop-top and loose black cargo pants with high-top black and white Nike sneakers. He had a pair of black fingerless gloves on that just reached his wrists.

Kuroo was in the back, setting up the camera on its tripod.

Kuroo was wearing a sleeveless black zip-up jacket, that hung open to reveal a perfectly toned set of abdominals, with a pair of black basketball shorts and black and white Adidas sneakers.

Bokuto was setting out snacks on the coffee table. He had brought a wide variety of chips, sweets, chocolate, popcorn and more.

Bokuto was wearing a baggy black tank top with black sweatpants and black Nike sneakers.

Atsumu moved over to the skateboard rack with Komori, and they placed their boards on the rack before parting ways.

Komori went to greet his boyfriend while Atsumu plopped down on the couch next to Yaku, and let his head rest on his shoulder.

"So any ideas that ya thinkin' of doin' for the competition on Friday?" Atsumu asked.

Yaku hummed, "Not sure... We'll need create a choreography for the list of songs that they gave us for the competition and learn them all in time..."