Chapter 51: Uprising Downfall

Sakusa and Lev made it to the overhanging trees in record time, and former hoped that there were no speed traps along the route he took.

Sakusa parked the car just beyond the trees, hidden from the view of anyone in the road, before they ran up the pathway towards the fence. They climbed through the hole in the fence and continued their way through the tall grass towards the massive abandoned building in the distance.

There was no music playing from the warehouse to notify anyone of Manic's presence this time around, and Sakusa absently wondered if they'd gotten there before the Manic crew - he had been speeding.

When he couldn't glimpse any specks of light flowing through the spray-paint-covered windows, he realized that they had gotten there before the Manic crew and they both decided to wait outside the warehouse.

It was roughly fifteen minutes later when multiple sets footsteps came up the pathway towards them. A phone torchlight came into view and when it shined on Sakusa and Lev, the footsteps picked up pace as they rapidly came closer.

The light from the phone flashed upwards and Sakusa caught a glimpse of the platinum-blonde hair that he loved so much. He opened his arms and the person running towards him crashed into him. Sakusa's arms closed around Atsumu's slim waist and he felt the familiar softness of his own hoodie under his fingertips.

Atsumu's arms wrapped around Sakusa's neck and buried his face into his chest. Sakusa could feel Atsumu's shaking and he reflexively tightened his hold around Atsumu.

"Omi..." Atsumu whispered and Sakusa closed his eyes and exhaled softly.

"I know, Atsu... I know," he replied.

Sakusa looked up at the others that were gathered around in front of the big doors of the warehouse. Aside from the Manic crew, Sakusa recognized a few of them.

Three of them, he recognized as Hero, Ice and Mimi from the Uprising livestreams. Then, there was Great King and his two body guards. There was also a short blonde girl, who Sakusa saw dancing for Fantasia.

Lev was hugging a woman only slightly shorter than him with pale skin and light silvery-blonde hair. She was slim in build, but elegantly so, and her eyes were a bluish emerald-green - almost identical to Lev's. It was Haiba Alisa, Lev's older sister who worked as a model and was much calmer than her golden retriever-esc sibling.

Sakusa felt Atsumu's grip on his jacket tighten and he immediately sent Bokuto a worried glance, "Do you think we can go inside?" He asked, looking down at Atsumu quickly and then back up at Bokuto.

Bokuto nodded quickly, "Yeah, sure," he agreed, "Come on."

Sakusa nodded his thanks and looked back down at Atsumu, "You okay to walk or must I carry you?" He teased in a gentle manner.

He felt Atsumu's grip lessen just a little, "I can walk," he answered.

Sakusa looked up again and saw Komori looking back at him. Having known each other for years they didn't even have to speak to communicate with one another.

"You okay?" Sakusa asked with a concerned look.

Komori gave an almost imperceptible nod, "Yeah, mostly," was what he answered.

Sakusa glanced over at Akagi who was tucked into Komori's side, asking, "And Akagi?"

Komori exhaled slowly and nodded again, "Yes, thankfully."

Sakusa sighed in relief and offered a weak smile which said, "Good. Glad you're both okay."

Komori sent back a mischievous smirk that communicated, "Now, that you're dating Tsumu, you're such a big softy."

Sakusa narrowed his eyes in perfect, "Shut up," fashion.

With that, they all moved through the doors into the warehouse and sat around the coffee table on the couches, processing what just happened while Kuroo answered a call from his mom.

"So... What do we do now?" Akagi asked quietly.

Great King, or Oikawa Tooru, as Sakusa came to know, stood up and began to pace up and down behind the couch. He was a third-year fashion student at their university and was very popular, if not only for his looks. Oikawa was tall, probably the same height as Atsumu, and slender in build. His hair was a fluffy chocolate brown and his eyes were similarly colored. His features were soft but angular and placed on tanned skin.

He was wearing black ripped jeans with black and white converse sneakers and a black suit jacket that hung open to show a short white crop top and a black choker around his neck. He had his hands on his hips as he walked, muttering about something.

One of his body guards - Iwaizumi Hajime, a third-year sport science student at their university - watched him with a worried expression on his face. Iwaizumi's hair was brown, short and spiky and his greenish-grey eyes stood out against his tanned skin. He was slightly shorter than Oikawa but one would think he was a professional athlete with his well-toned muscles and broad build.

Hero, or Hanamaki Takahiro – a third year dramatic arts student at their university, sighed, "It's okay, Kawa, we'll figure it out."

Oikawa turned on his heel to glare at Hanamaki, "You– You don't know that!" He countered.

Ice, also known as Matsukawa Issei – a third year forensic science student at their university, closed his eyes and exhaled slowly. Meanwhile, Mimi, the first-year computer sciences student known as Kunimi Akira, sat on the couch next to Oikawa's second body guard, Kindaichi Yutaro – a first-year electrical engineering student at their university.

Kindaichi had dark ashy brown hair that was shaved along the sides and gelled up on the top. His eyes were sharp and dark grey in color, and he was tanned with the strong build of a former athlete. He had his arm around Kunimi who had his eyes glued to his laptop while he typed away at something.

"We put everything into that club, Makki!" Oikawa said with tears welling in his eyes, "Uprising was our livelihood. We worked so hard, and now it's all gone!"

"Tooru–" Iwaizumi tried but was cut off by Oikawa.

"And all the dancers that were there when the police got there!" He cried as he realized that there were a lot of people in the club at the time, "What if they're hurt? Or what if they are arrested?? How did they even find us?? How–"

In a blur of blonde hair and neon orange, Atsumu was gone from his seat next to Sakusa. He darted off to the bathroom without a word, leaving silence in his wake.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Weeee more angst

Anygays, bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -