Chapter 3: Racing And Tagging

They zipped through the streets on their skateboards. Atsumu was in front, Komori was second, Akagi in third, Kuroo in fourth, Yaku in fifth, and Bokuto brought up the rear.

The wind whipped through Atsumu's hair and jacket as the song High School by Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne played through his headphones that hung around his neck.

Suddenly, he heard Akagi call out from behind him, "Hey, Tsumu! Smile for the camera!!"

Atsumu grinned and did a frontside one-eighty, landing it perfectly. He waved at Akagi, who was holding up his phone, before throwing up the claw hand gestures and sticking his tongue out.

He knew that the photo or video that Akagi was taking would end up on Instagram, but he didn't really care.

Akagi laughed and Atsumu grinned, doing another frontside one-eighty to turn back in the direction he was going in.

Atsumu spread his arms out and laughed. He'd missed this. Though his brows furrowed as Kuroo zipped past him and around the bend at the end of the road.

"See ya, Tsumu!!" Kuroo called, saluting Atsumu as he disappeared around the corner.

Atsumu grinned, "So ya wanna play like that, huh?" He muttered under his breath, "It's on."

Atsumu carefully crouched down on his board, gripping onto the deck with his hands. He gained speed quickly, and leaned to his left to make it around the bend.

Atsumu rocketed past Kuroo, and made it through the gates of the university first.

He almost rode right into a wall, but he quickly jumped and grabbed his board before it hit the ground. He turned around and grinned as Kuroo rode through the gates, coming to a stop. Behind Kuroo, it was Komori, then Yaku in fourth, Akagi in fifth and Bokuto last.

Atsumu giggled at the pout on Bokuto's face, "Ya okay, Bokkun?" He asked, reaching a hand up to ruffle Bokuto's hair.

Bokuto smiled and hooked an arm over Atsumu's shoulder, "You bring the paints?" He asked.

Atsumu grinned, "Who the hell d'ya think I am?" He asked rhetorically.

Yaku chuckled, "Of course, he brought them!"

Kuroo smirked, "This is Tsumu we're talking about, bro," he agreed.

Akagi ran ahead of them, his board under his arm, and waved at them, "Come on, guys! Last one to the chem lab has to choreograph our dance for the next competition!!"

Atsumu immediately bolted after him with Komori right behind him. Kuroo followed right after, and Bokuto sprinted off as well.

Yaku groaned, knowing that he was going to be the one to choreograph their performance no matter who won the race, so he just sighed and walked.

When he reached the area behind the chemistry laboratory, Atsumu and the others were already waiting for him.

Akagi grinned at him, "Guess Yakkun's planning Friday's performance," he said smugly.

Yaku narrowed his eyes, "Oh, hell no, we all know that you guys would have made me choreograph the dance no matter who won that race!" He snapped, though there was no malice in his tone.

Atsumu burst out laughing and Bokuto grinned at him, ruffling a hand through his hair, while Kuroo chuckled.

"Don't act like you don't know that we only make you do it because you come up with the best dance sequences, Yaku," Kuroo said with his signature smirk on his face, and Komori nodded along in agreement.

Yaku bit his lip as he failed to suppress his smile and laughed, "Alright, alright," he caved with a sighed.

Atsumu let out a light giggle before he grabbed his backpack and swung it off his shoulder.

Sifting through his art supplies, he grinned as he spotted what he was looking for. Atsumu reached into his bag and his hands closed around the neon pink and turquoise canisters of spray-paint.

"Here ya go, Bokkun!" Atsumu called as he tossed the canisters up to Bokuto.

Bokuto caught the cans, "Damn, no yellow??" He asked with a small pout.

Atsumu laughed and reached down into the bag, bringing out neon green, neon yellow, neon orange, and glow-in-the-dark white colored spray-paints.

Atsumu handed the yellow can to Bokuto, who handed the pink can to Kuroo and the blue one to Yaku. Then Atsumu handed the green can of paint to Komori and the white one to Akagi, taking the orange for himself.

"Ya'll know what to do, so let's get to it," Atsumu said and then they began their work on the wall.

It was bright, chaotic, a mess of colours and little pictures – just how they liked it – and, best of all, it said exactly who they were.

"Perfect!" Akagi called once they'd finished, and they all agreed silently

Atsumu giggled, "Have ya'll been practicin' or what? 'Cause this looks sick!" He exclaimed.

Komori laughed and slung an arm around Atsumu's shoulder, "Nah, it's just because you haven't done it in a while," he teased.

Atsumu rolled his eyes but chuckled nonetheless, "Whatever..."

Kuroo snickered before he pointed out, "We should probably get going before we get caught, guys."

Atsumu opened up his bag for them to drop the canisters of spray paint in as Yaku spoke up, "Yeah, the last thing I need is for my scholarship to be taken from me because I tagged a wall with you idiots," he teased.

Bokuto put a hand over his heart in feigned offense, "Yakkun! You wound me," he exclaimed before bursting into laughter.

They made it to the center quad, just talking and laughing, until Atsumu felt his phone buzz, but instead of looking at the notification, his eyes settled on the time.

Atsumu's eyes widened instantly, "Shit!" He exclaimed, "Kagi, we gotta go! Our first lecture is in five minutes!"

Akagi groaned, "Do we really have to go? Can't we just skip? I hate art history," he whined.

Atsumu rolled his eyes and grabbed Akagi's wrist. He dragged Akagi towards the visual arts building.

They arrived just in time to sit down next to one another in one of the middle rows before the lecture began.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The chaos is beautiful

Anygays, bye!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -