Chapter 53: Confessions & Confrontations

(Play Opening)

(Suji's POV)
The Provisional licensing exam has ended and we all returned to dormitories to relax after the test. I quickly went up to my room and sat on my bed with my license in my hand.

I already sent a picture to my parents and they were so proud of me. But I couldn't help but shake this feeling in my chest, this feeling of confusion, pride, and the one cutting into me the most... Guilt. I kept remembering all the times I rushed in to do the right thing and ended up getting all the credit for it.

Suji: 'Why do I keep hearing Skull's words in my head? I never thought about these types of things before... Have I been stealing all the credit for every right thing I've done?'

I was cut out of thought as I heard my phone go off, I checked it and saw that it was a text from Izumi.

Izumi: "Hey Suji, can you head up to my room? I need to talk to you about something."

I replied back telling her I'm on my way. I left my room and walked pasted Bakugo's dorm, stopping as I felt something was wrong but I shook off and continued to go to Izumi's room. I go downstairs and see that everyone has already gone to their dorms, I ride the elevator up to Izumi's floor where I walk down the hall and stop infront of her door.

I take a deep breath before knocking gently. The door opens showing Izumi with a soft smile on her face as she opened the door fully to let me in.

Suji: Sorry I didn't show up sooner, I had a lot on my mind.

Izumi: I get it, we've all been through a lot in such short time. But I guess we have some stuff to talk about.

I nodded as I stood in the center of the room, Izumi closed the door as she walks over and gestures to the chair.

Izumi: Y-you can sit down if you want.

I thought it would be rude to decline as I sit down in her desk chair. Izumi continues to stand stroking her hair as she looked a little red in the face. After she took a few breaths, she started talking.

 After she took a few breaths, she started talking

Izumi: S-so... I've been thinking about a lot of things. We've known each other for a while, and Izuku and I both grown to really appreciate your friendship. You are such an amazing guy and always thinking of others, you never worry about what others think. And I've grown to really like those traits about you...

My eyes widen as I start to realize where she was going with this. I stand up as I take a step forward.

Suji: Izumi... Are you saying that, you like me? As in more than friends?

Izumi stops moving as she turns her head to look at me with her shining green eyes and a full red blush in her cheeks.

Izumi: I-i... I...

She looks down with her bangs covering her face as she placed her hands on her shirt clenching her fists in nervousness. Without any warning, she rushed forward and grabbed me by the front of my shirt and pulls my into a kiss. It happened so fast I didn't have any time to process it as we separated from each other. Izumi stared at me for a moment before she suddenly seemed to realize what she just did, she starts crying as she quickly rushed away from me as she began to freak out.