Chapter 115: Headshot

(Play Opening)

(Suji's POV)

I managed to land on the ground of the base after the warp gates appeared and took everyone away. I stood up and looked around, seeing nothing as the front area of the base seemed to be quiet. Suddenly I heard someone landing behind me as I turned around to see Yaoyorozu with a parachute on her back as she landed safely.

Suji: Yao-momo! You made it!

I run over towards her as she removed the parachute pack from her body.

Suji: Did you see anyone else avoid the portals?

Yaoyorozu: Unfortunately no. Skull must've seen us coming and had one of his subordinates separate us.

Suji: Echo's portals worked fast, meaning that everyone's....

I turned my head to face the base as I stared at the main entrance which was blocked by a heavy metal wall.

Suji: They're all inside the base.

Yaoyorozu: Oh no! But...

Suji: This isn't as bad as we might think, that means Skull's forces will be separated as well.

Yaoyorozu thought about it to herself as she nods in agreement. I then tried to use my communicator to try to get an answer from anyone, but no one was responding.

Suji: No response... There must be a an interference signal on the inside of the base. Possibly one of Skull's subordinates.

Yaoyorozu: Iida should be arriving soon, should we wait for him?

Suji: I...

*Bang*

Suddenly before I could answer, a gunshot is heard behind me as I quickly lifted my arm up infront of Yaoyorozu's face with the metal substance covering my arm as a bullet makes contact with my skin, smoking due to the impact as I slowly turned my head to see someone up on the roof of the tall base.

Suji: Get behind something, now!

We then suddenly broke into a sprint as we ran over towards some cover as more shots were fired while we ran. Making it to a safe place, the bullets kept going while Yaoyorozu and I stayed behind the cover.

Yaoyorozu: Is that?...

Suji: Sharpshot, she's probably at the same level as Snipe and Lady Nagant when it comes to firearms. It makes sense that she'd be posted outside the base.

Another gunshot is heard as the bullet flies over the wall and hits the wall we were facing as it ricocheted off to head directly for Yaoyorozu once more, I pulled my hand out infront of Yaoyorozu's face as the bullet made contact with my hand as I clenched my fist around it.

Suji: Looks like she's got it out for you.