Chapter 42: Heroes

Rinni's POV

I charged ahead, wanting to help out, but I was flung off with a shockwave. I used my arms to stop myself. I looked up to see Gigantomachia, with the rest of the league on his back. Dabi, or should I say Touya began his speech and I barely paid attention to it. Right now priority was helping the injured with the short time of no fighting. I ran to where Mr. Aizawa was and saw he was a little bit okay. I transformed my hands back to normal. The pain wasn't that bad but it was there. The markings began to spread to my neck and chest, but it doesn't matter right now. I knelt next to Manual, one of the pros who were helping Mr. Aizawa

"Damn it, I need a fire. Bandaging the leg can only go so far. We need to cauterize his wound so the bleeding stops. Before any of you say anything I have done this before with a friend of mine."

Looking around I saw some wood that was still burning. I quickly grabbed the unburned part of the wood and brought it to them. I then grabbed the knife Mr. Aizawa had earlier. I heated up the knife as I asked the pros to roll up his torn pants so I could get access to the wound. I also asked them to unwrap his wound.

"This is gonna hurt but it's for the best."

Before anyone can say anything I pressed the red hot knife on Eraserhead's wound. I did my best to cauterize it. Once it was done I bandaged the wound and got up as I heard the screeching of nomus. I looked behind me and saw a lot of nomus heading our direction as Machia was struggling to break free, I looked at the pros and they just gave me a nod, with that I stood up and ran into the fight. Running up a tilted pillar I transformed my arms before jumping off and hitting a nomu right on its head.

Focus.

You may be a bit rusty but you have trained for this Rinni, you will continue to train for moments like this. I spread my arms out wide before spinning, hitting multiple nomus with the blades. I know I'm not really doing much but if it helps then it helps. The efforts of those who were able to fight were not in vain, we managed to take down some of the nomus, and Gigantomachia was knocked unconscious. I ran to aid the rest in fighting the rock nomu. I would send slashes, while Togata was busy throwing kicks and punches at it.

Hado sent waves of energy in the nomu's way. I transformed my arms to its devour mode and let them bite into the nomu's arm. I either hold it down or cause enough damage to distract, priority is holding down though. I used my strength to tug on its arm to stop an incoming attack on Hado, and she retaliated by sending a direct blast at the nomu. It soon broke free as Mr. Compress was starting to run away. Most of the team was chasing after them while I had, what seemed to be, an angry nomu.

"You damned monster! Stop playing around!" I heard Bakugo's voice say

"You want a monster... I'll show you one..." I said smirking

Taking a deep breath and charged while thinking of that moment I was trapped in Lily's damned boat. I was flung to a building, giving a physical reminder of what happened then. Soon enough I felt something snap inside me before I felt like I was disassociating from myself. I felt that I began growling and the black-maroonish mass on my arms began to grow to my shoulders. Without another second of hesitation, I used my arms to launch myself forward and run. I would use my arms to go faster as I ran, trying to catch up to the escaping villains.

I sent a slash to Shigaraki once I was closer, and Izuku sent black whip at him. A nomu was able to block my attack against the big bad before throwing me headfirst into a large amount of debris which was unstable, causing it to collapse on me. I don't know what happened next because when I woke up I was in the hospital. I looked around to see an empty room. Well, I did notice something, my eyesight was somewhat blurry when I looked at father things. Before anyone asks, no I'm not far-sighted, it's just a matter of my retina degrading. Must have had some bad damage if this was to happen.