Chapter 48: Resignation

Rinni's POV

It was around 4 or 5 PM when I knocked on the office door of Captain Obi after doing paperwork all day. I heard a voice say come in. I gripped the folder in my hands before relaxing and opening the door.

"Captain Obi." I said with a salute

"Oh Rinni, what brings you here?" He signals me to be at ease

"Sir I would like to give you this." I handed him the folder I held and he took it "It's my formal resignation letter"

"What?! Don't tell me you got so mad about not letting you go on the investigation that you're resigning!"

"On the contrary Sir, I'm glad you didn't because Lieutenant Karin Flam gave me my remdemki. Meaning I'm one step closer to going home" I said as I showed a pen that was wrapped up in a handkerchief before wrapping it again 

"But I'm not leaving just yet. If I remember correctly, I'll have two weeks left here and I wanna make it count by hanging out with you guys. Though it is a little bland without Shinra and Arthur around, I can still make the most of those two weeks."

"Fine... I accept your resignation but I still expect you to help out whenever there's an emergency while you're still here, got it?" Captain Obi said after a few moments of silence

"Yes, Sir"

I left the captain's office and walked towards the roof to get some fresh air. Along the way, I saw Captain Hibana.

"Oh Captain Hibana, are you here to see Captain Obi?"

"Yes, I would like to discuss some things with him about what happened days ago"

"He's in his office. Also, if it's not too much, can I talk to you later?" I asked and she started blushing

"We could talk now if you like" I shook my head

"I'm fine with waiting, my matter isn't that important if I have to be honest"

"Very well then. I'll see you later"

"Right. I'll be at the rooftop if I'm ever needed"

Captain Hibana soon left and I made my way to the rooftop. Upon opening the door I saw the sun slowly setting. I sat on the edge and watched the sunset. I sat there until the stars showed up and I heard the door open. I looked back to find Captain Hibana, I got off the edge and walked to her.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"I wanted to talk to you about my request, the one I asked before I left for Company 1's station and, well, eventually disappeared."

"Well if it's about that I was able to synthesize a small amount of that blood you told me. But it was so small that I could barely make the poison you asked me to do, though I did make four, the effectiveness of it is a little bit unknown."

"Better than nothing to be honest. I would like to get them before two weeks are up if that's possible."

"I'm sorry what?"

"Oh right... I'm resigning from the Fire Force. Lt. Flam gave me my redemiki" I handed her the wrapped-up pen but after a short moment of silence my eyes widened when I saw her put it in between her breast and turn away from me

"U-Uh C-Captain Hibana I'm gonna need that pen back please" I said as I tried to stop myself from blushing

"I'll give it back and the poison on one condition. Go on a date with me"

"Wait... What?"

"You heard me. Go on a date with me and I'll give the pen back and I'll give the poison as well."