Chapter 12: Shio

Rinni's POV

Time passes by again, and being a leader is a bit hard, but I manage. With successful missions left and right, coming home with my teammates either safe or with scrapes and bruises. No one gets any major injuries on my team. Though there have been times when I have been reckless, getting cut and earning a scar or two. The latest one is when we faced a Vajra and Borg Camlann, the two most annoying aragami ever. Being a bit of a hothead I got careless and the Vajra swiped at Kota and me. I tackled Kota to the ground, but that got me on the back, earning three diagonal scratches on my back, going from my left shoulder to the right side of my mid-back. Guess I could say I now have scratch marks, and yes that is meant as a non-PG joke, if there are kids here, never ask that until you're older.

That caused me to be hospitalized for a few days, lucky for me the team visited me to save me from boredom. The ones who would often come into the sick bay were Alisa, Kota, and Sakuya. They did manage to take Soma with them one time, but that didn't last long because Dr. Sasaki called him. I shared a few jokes with them, and yes even the non-PG joke I stated earlier. That got me a smack to the back of the head from Sakuya, a confused look from Alisa, and a howling loud laugh from Kota.

I could only smile and rub that part where Sakuya had hit me. Hey can't help it, being surrounded by guys cause of my chosen college course makes you pick up a thing or two about dirty jokes and other stuff. You can blame my classmates for that, not me. I forgot to mention that the director left for Europe so Dr. Sasaki has been in charge and has been giving me side missions for his benefit. Like right now, we were ordered to go to the Tranquil Temple to take down a Vajra and a Chi-You. I went with Sakuya, Kota, and Alisa, per the orders of the doctor.

We decided to split into two teams, Sakuya and I, then Kota and Alisa. Hopefully, that will get the two to at least get along a bit. Sakuya and I fought the Vajra but it ran away before we could break any oracle cells from it. I took a quick breather and ran to where Kota and Alisa were with Sakuya following behind me. Once we got there the Chi-You flew to me and Sakuya.

"Move!" I dashed to the right side as Sakuya rolled to the other

That began the fight. Soon enough we managed to take down the Chi-You and luck was on our side because the Vajra didn't show up in the middle of it. We found the Vajra eating and attacked. Some close calls here and there, and aragami bullets getting passed, shots fired, and ax and sword slashes later we beat the damn Vajra.

I sighed in relief; the mission is over. I will repeat this; Vajras are very, very annoying. And I will also admit, I did repeat the charging toward it while screaming something in Tagalog. In case some of you have forgotten, I am a Filipina. I collected the Vajra's core then we proceeded to go back to the Chi-You. The three made an arc and covered me as I got to work extracting the core. I was about to do it when a voice stopped me.

"Hey, Hold up!" I turned to find Dr. Sasaki walking toward us

"Huh?" Sakuya can only stare in confusion as the Doctor walked to us with Soma in tow

"Doc, what's it doing here?"

"I'll explain later. Just leave that aragami alone and come over here for a second, will you?"

I know what's gonna happen here, we'll be taking Shio, well more like smuggling her into the Den. We followed Dr. Sasaki and hid, then we waited. The doctor checked his watch before looking up.

"It's coming!" He excitedly said

We can see a human walk toward the Chi-You and begin to eat it. Soma soon took action and ran, we followed behind him. We surrounded Shio, pointing our weapons at the human-arigami. As soon as Shio turned around, she was suddenly covered with white light. Oh no, I started to feel the gravitational force. The light blinded everyone as it slowly but surely pulled me in to take me to my next destination. I blacked out and gave in. I can only hope that Dr. Sasaki will be able to explain things to the team.

Soma's POV

When the white light vanished everything was still the same. I turned to look at the others only to find them okay. But I soon noticed that an ax god arc on the ground.

"What the hell? Where's Rinni?"

Everyone turned in the direction where Rinni once stood only to see the same thing I saw.

"Well, that was... Unexpected... But I do have an explanation. For now, we need to take her in and go to my lab."

We followed his orders. I could tell that everyone was worried and devastated. And I will admit, I am too. Despite her reckless behavior, she was a good selfless leader.