Chapter 19: Mission 1

Rinni's POV

Our crows led the way as we walked to where we needed to go. Following them to the town where we will find the swamp demons.

"So what kind of demon do you think we will be fighting?" Tanjiro asked

"Honestly, it doesn't matter what kind, what matters is that we get the job done and make sure everyone is safe."

"I guess you're right. Oh, is that the town there?" Tanjiro pointed at the town ahead

"It better be, the last thing we need is a detour during this mission."

We walked into the village and people would give us either a quick glance or stare at us, well, more specifically me. They stare because of the haori I wore. I kept Master Ubuyashiki's words in mind and wore it with pride. I didn't look down as these people stared, I kept my head held up. We soon heard people begin to murmur after a young man passed us, looking broken and beaten. Yup, there's our witness.

"Kazumi looks devastated. He was right beside Satoko when she was taken." A lady said

"Kamado-san, we need to go. We need to talk to that man. Currently from what we just heard, he's a witness." I told him

"Right. Let's go then Rinni"

We chased after Kazumi to get his account of the incident. I already knew but it's best if he found out things on his own.

"Kazumi-san!" Tanjiro screamed to get the attention of the said man

"We want to hear what happened that night, from you"

The man stared at us for a good amount of time. Before he nodded.

"Where was the last time you saw her, Kazumi-san? Can you lead us there?"

He nodded again before we began to walk to where the disappearance happened.

"Satoko was here when she disappeared. But... I'm sure you both don't believe me."

"We believe you! We believe what you said!" Tanjiro said

"Kamado-san, calm down. Screaming "we believe you" isn't going to do our job for us. Now, do you smell the scent?"

"I'll check, and call me Tanjiro... It's kinda weird I get to call you your first name and you don't for me."

I nodded and Tanjiro got down on the ground, begging to sniff it.

"Hey... uh... is your friend okay?" Kazumi asked

"Yeah, he is. He has a strong sense of smell so he may catch a lead by scent. Tanjiro, talk to me. What do you have?"

Tanjiro soon stood up and turned to me and Kazumi. He grabbed the ends of my haori and pulled me a little away from Kazumi in order to talk..

"There's still a faint scent of the demon here. But it's uneven"

"Probably a demon with a blood demon art. Where's the scent mainly coming from?"