Chapter 10: First Unit Operation

Rinni's POV

Most god arcs are swords and shields, and/or guns. That's it, nothing more nothing less. So is it my chance to wield a sword? No, sorry to disappoint but my god arc is still an ax. I had to design it and get help from Licca. She did admit it was kinda weird but the god arc was made. How does it look? Cool as fuck.

Anyway, most of the weight was on the front end until a little bit of weight was added at the end of the handle. I can tell you all, the ax is way taller than me. It's still designed after a Danish ax, but not the typical one, it has a little curved section missing before the blade. Then there are two rectangular grip bars to help me adjust depending on my attack. One is near the ax head, and the other is in the center of the handle.

Now, how it transforms into a gun is way different. The open section of the blade retracts into the main section, then the ax head moves 90 degrees, thus hiding one of the handles. Then another handle pops out from the ax head as well as the trigger then bam, I can shoot it. For the shield, it needs to be in the ax form. I would usually hit the blade on the ground as a brace, then the panels on the ax head open up. I would usually hold both handles for more resistance to the force. Granted it's not the best for the blade but Licca manages to fix that issue.

Just to be safe, she does check on my god arc, as she does for everyone. Now that I've explained my god arc, let's focus on the mission I am on with Sakuya, Soma, and Kota. Oh did I forget to mention that I have been here for some time, enough for Alisa to come into the story? No? Well, now you know. I also forgot to mention, I started wearing bandages on my hands to provide a better grip on my god arc or anything in general. Sure the others wear gloves but I prefer bandages.

Anyway, back to the point, our mission was to take down a Vajra, and it's hard to take down these giant ass cats. To make things worse, the damn thing keeps running and jumping around. I was getting annoyed so I decided to charge head-on as it was charging up an attack.

"Wait! Rinni, get back!" ordered Sakuya

"'Tang ina mong Vajra ka!" I screamed out as I threw a snare trap

It was successfully trapped. The others could only stare at me with confusion about what I said. But they soon snapped back into action as I began to attack the Vajra. With a flurry of attacks, we finally beat it.

"Don't ever do that again" Soma said

"What? I was getting pissed off. And no guarantees that I will not do that again"

"Hey Rinni, what did you scream out earlier?" Kota asked

"Oh you mean, 'tang ina mong Vajra ka?"

"Yeah what does that mean?"

"Uh... You don't wanna know Kota. I'm saving you from knowing that"

"Alright then, let's take a look around and see if there are any more aragami in the area. Then we can go back home" Sakuya ordered

"Right"

We heard a roar nearby and we began to check the area. Then we could hear movement around the corner, so we got on a high alert. But from a distance, we could see two familiar figures.

"What?" Soma asked

"Huh? What are you doing here, Lindow?" asked Kota

"Why would they send two teams to the same section? What does this mean?" Sakuya questioned

"Let's worry about that later. We need to wrap this up and head back. We'll take the inside, you guys take the outside. Got that?"

That only got a nod from everyone. Lindow and Alisa went inside the building while we began to look in the nearby area. I knew what was gonna happen next, and there was nothing I can do. If I try to interfere it might not just be one life will be lost, but maybe multiple. While lost in my thoughts I didn't know time passed and I had wondered a bit. The next thing I know I hear a scream and something collapsing. I ran back to the church that Lindow and Alissa went into. Sakuya was the first to go in and I followed her. The first thing I see is Alisa sitting down on the floor dazed. Her god arc was right beside her as she stared at the blocked entrance further into the cathedral.

"Alisa! What have you done?!" Sakuya shouted

"No... No... Daddy... Mommy... I... I didn't mean it" was all Alisa could say

She's now officially stuck inside her mind and memories, remembering her trauma from her childhood. Sakuya began firing at the debris, but nothing was happening. Then a roar came from outside. Shit! Soma and Kota are out there surrounded, I forgot about it. I was way too focused on my thoughts again. Then we see Kota get tackled, and a Prithvi Mata jumps inside. I charged and Sakuya began to fire at it.

"Take this!" yelled Kota

"Hurry the hell up or we'll be surrounded!" screamed Soma

"Take Alisa back to the Den with you. That's an order!" Lindow's voice was muffled because of the debris

"But..."

"Didn't you hear me?! Take Alisa and head back to the Den, damn you! Sakuya! Take charge of the others! Soma, find a way out of here!" Lindow ordered

"Daddy... Mommy... I didn't mean it..."

The Prithvi Mata leaves the insides and I run to Alisa.

"Hurry Lindow, come with us!" Sakuya said in a desperate voice

"I'd like to, but I think I'll mess with these guys first... Save some ration beer for me!"

"No! Then I'll stay and fight too!" Sakuya argued

I first grabbed Alisa's hand and then helped her stand up. I then got on one knee and motioned for her to get on, which she did. With one hand I held my god arc, and with the other, I kept Alisa stable on my back. Lucky for me she held her own god arc or things would have been more complicated than it is.

"Sakuya... I'm ordering you! Make sure you get everyone home alive!" Lindow said

"No!" Sakuya screeched

"Sakuya come on! If we stay, we'll all end up dead!" Kota said as he pulled Sakuya back

"I won't go! Lindow!"

More debris began to fall and we were forced out. I carried Alisa while Kota still dragged Sakuya out. When we were out of the building we immediately ran back to the Den. Sakuya was hesitant at first, still being pulled by Kota, but after a bit, she began to run on her own. Soon enough we made it back. They took Alisa away on a stretcher and we were checked for any injuries. Luckily for the others, they had minor injuries, such as some scrapes and bruises. My stupid ass, on the other hand, got a deep cut on the arm as we escaped. I got stitches for it, sucks honestly. Yes, they gave me meds again, fun.