Chapter 51: Too Late

Rachel's POV

I watched as Rinni walked out of the police station holding two evidence bags. Inside one held my old satchel, and the other had a watch. It was black with a brand name that I didn't know.

"Why the fuck is she taking so long?!" I heard Zack yell

I shrugged as I watched her cross the street before opening the bag that contained my satchel. She rummaged through it and only found the non-dangerous items like the needle and thread that were left there. As well as some clean bandages and my old choker. She put all those items back inside before putting them on. She continued walking and Zack and I followed her. The two of us watched as she went into a shop.

"She sure is fucking taking her time! She needs to hurry! We can't be here for too long" Zack said clearly getting angry and impatient

"I know but we both know she'll keep her other promise."

"She better or I'll fucking haunt her dreams"

"We won't be able to do that."

"Oh yeah?! Watch me!"

After a few minutes, Rinni came out of the shop, and once again we began to follow her. She then entered another shop and came out with a bag. She checked it before she started to walk towards where she needed to go, eventually reaching it after asking for some directions from time to time.

Rinni grips the two bouquets of blue hyacinths and white orchids before walking through the gates in front of her. Zack and I watched and followed her as she began searching through the place before she stopped upon finding what she needed to look for. She stepped forward and placed the flowers on the grave. The grave read Rachel Gardner. It was my grave.

Rinni's POV

"Hey... um... I'm not really good at this... But I'm here... Like I promised. I tried getting info about where Zack's body would be but no one told me anything... All I got was where to find your grave Ray..."

I licked my lips, gulping as I covered my mouth. I don't really know what else to say.

"Um... I got a couple of bouquets for you and Zack, I'm thinking maybe he's with ya, 'cause you know, you two were maybe a duo after I disappeared... so if he is with you, yeah... um..."

I rubbed the back of my neck as I gathered my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, sorry it took me a bit to get here... I already said that I had to look for ya guys."

I looked down and noticed the bag I was carrying.

"Oh shit, I almost forgot."

I opened the bag and bought out a couple of triangular boxes and opened it. I placed it on Rachel's grave. I grabbed a couple of bottles of soda and opened them before pouring some portions of both sodas on the ground in front of the grave. After doing it I placed the sodas on the grave.

"Got you guys some pizza, thought you might like it. In my dimension, some people leave food and beverages for the dead. Well, they leave the food before pouring some of the chosen beverage on the ground in front of the grave and leaving the rest on the tombstone itself."

I took off the satchel before leaving it on the grave.

"Also thought you might want that back, Ray. Zack, if you're here, sorry I can't get any of your stuff back cause they either destroyed it or just won't release it. But I think they sold it off. I don't know honestly, I'm just speculating at this point."

I sat down on the ground beside the grave.

"I could bore you guys with all the bullshit that's happened to me honestly but I really don't know what to say..."

I sighed and looked at the ground.

"I have so many things to say but at the same time, I can't... I just don't know where to start..."

I fiddled with my fingers as I sat there in silence for a bit. I took a deep breath and began to talk. I told them what had happened to me after I left and everything that's been bothering me. I just said it out loud hoping they could hear me. I don't know how long I was there but I just talked.

"Yeah... Zack's probably thinking I'm a weak ass for not being able to do much in that battle with Muzan in the previous world... Eh, who am I kidding, I don't know what he's thinking... I just..."

I sighed before licking my lips once more and covering my mouth again. I stood up and brought out the other evidence bag inside my jacket.

"You guys probably wanted to hear what I wanted to say... honestly I don't know... but... what I do know is that... I'm not really okay... I wish I could have done more... I..." I let out a sigh before continuing

"I guess I have to go now... I wanna say see you guys on the other side but I don't even know if we will... so... I guess this really is goodbye"

Damn...

I hate that word... 

I wiped away a stray tear that fell. I looked at the grave only for my eyes to widen. Sitting on the grave is a ghostly apparition of Rachel Gardner and behind her is the ghostly apparition of Zack. The two just stared at me as I stared back before they disappeared. I let out a shaky breath before wiping some tears away. I smiled sadly before opening the bag and grabbing the watch inside of it.