Chapter 20: Mission 2

Rinni's POV

Our next location is the city of Asakusa, Tokyo. Now I'm gonna try to skip parts but still explain a lot, so if it feels a bit fast-paced, well don't blame me, this is a bit of a long story quite honestly. It was nighttime when we arrived, and the streets were still bright with a lot of people roaming around. Tanjiro was dumbfounded as we entered the city. I smiled a bit before gently hitting the back of his head and leading the way. You could easily tell he was overwhelmed and Nezuko was getting sleepy. I know he's here, I just have to wait patiently. With that in mind, I led us to a park, where a lone udon shop was.

"Oh hell yeah. Look, Tanjiro, there's an udon stand. Let's get something to eat before we continue our mission."

With that Tanjiro ordered our food while I sat with Nezuko. I placed my bowl down on the bench as I shifted Nezuko to lean on her box. Before we could even take a bite of our food, Tanjiro dropped his bowl, breaking it. He ran off and I followed him, luckily Nezuko was still asleep. Soon enough we saw him, Muzan Kibutsuji, or should I say Hehe man.

Tanjiro gripped his shoulder and the demon turned to us. Tanjiro glared at the demon progenitor while I quickly raised my thumb and dragged it across my neck, signaling that he would die. I saw his eyes widen for a brief amount of time before we heard the voice of a little girl and a voice of a woman. Tanjiro could only stare in shock at this while I just glared at the demon. Muzan soon turned an innocent bystander into a demon so Tanjiro and I quickly jumped into action. He held back the man while I was keeping pressure on the wound of the woman.

Police came as Muzan escaped, with Tanjiro yelling that he will kill the demon progenitor. Soon enough, a sweet scent came and I knew we were given aid. Two demons helped Tanjiro and I handle the situation, bringing the newly transformed man and his injured wife to their clinic. I left the scene with Tanjiro, going back to the park where we left Nezuko.

Upon returning, the owner of the stand yelled at Tanjiro for wasting a good bowl of udon, while I ate mine in silence. Tanjiro orders two bowls of udon and quickly finishes it. We paid for our meals when we were done. Soon we found Yushiro, who led us to where they had taken the man and woman from earlier. Of course, Tanjiro was yelling at Yushiro for, quote, unquote calling Nezuko ugly. And not surprisingly, Tanjiro also argued that I wasn't an eyesore when I just shrugged it off. I only smacked the back of Tanjiro's head to make him stop.

We were brought inside a house where we met Tamayo. We talked about Muzan's curse on demons and how to turn Nezuko back into a human. I knew it was only a matter of time before the attack came. I had my ax in hand, ready to uncover it. Yushiro would glare and stay alert because of this. I quickly stood up as I uncovered my ax, feeling the immense bloodlust of another person.

"Breath of Metal: Fifth form! Nickel Block!"

I stood on guard as temari balls burst through the walls. I tried my best to prevent it from hitting everyone but sadly I cannot move that fast with this form. It's most optimal if I had stood still. Once the first wave was done I stood straight. I knew there wasn't long before the second wave came, so I recovered my breath. Once again I had used my fifth form to block any attacks going toward us. I immediately started to block the attacks toward Tanjiro, seeing as he had no clear way of protecting himself. When the dust cleared I was standing in front of Tanjiro, who was holding Nezuko close to avoid her getting hurt. I held a tight grip on my ax as I stared at the two demons.

"Tanjiro get ready! Quick! Nezuko, Yushiro, and Miss Tamayo please hurry and evacuate the civilians. I'll serve as a guard!"