Chapter 53: New Leader

Rinni's POV

I talked to Dr. Sakaki about my situation and the need to leave after assigning a new leader for the First Unit. He gave me free rein in choosing who was going to be my successor and gave a briefing on the mission they were gonna undergo along with the new members of the unit. I got in the elevator and went down to the main area of the Den where I saw the new God Eaters that were just placed in the First Unit talking to Kota. I walked towards them and it seemed the new members pointed me out to Kota.

"Rinni! You're just in time! Anyway, you two, this is Rinni Bellereve the leader of the First Unit."

"Hi, nice to meet you I'm Erina der Vogelweid"

"I remember you... I'd see you around the Den from time to time. Glad to have you in the unit."

"I have heard of your accomplishments, and it is an honor to meet such an amazing commander. I am Emil von Strasbourg"

"Great to have you on the team as well Emil. Now. I have a mission for you guys."

They immediately stood in attention. The main gate of the facility opened and Alisa came in.

"Perfect timing. Looks like everyone's here. Now, this mission directly came from Director Sakaki. So this is a very important and special mission. The First Unit, along with the assistance from the Cradle's member, Alisa Ilinichina Amiella, will head over to the Sunken Grid and take care of a few Oregtails, as well as a Kongu and a Vajira. I know you know the dangers of this but I want you all to be careful and come back one piece. As my predecessor, Lindow Amamiya said, there are only three orders. Don't die. If you're numbers up, get out. Lastly, hide. If you're lucky, you can sneak through and attack or escape to safety. Those are my final orders as the Leader of the First Unit."

"What? What do you mean Rinni?" Alisa asked

"I've already resigned. So another reason why this mission is special is that, from this day forward, Kota Fujiki is now the leader of the First Unit."

"Are you sure about this?" Kota asked

"Yes, I am. Be a more confident man. I trust you can do this" I said patting Kota on the back

I could tell he was still doubting himself so I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You'll be fine. You've got a good team with you."

"Alright then... I'll do my best!"

"That's the spirit!" I said as bumped my fist with his

"Now, with that, good luck on your mission, and come back safe."

The team left just as Lindow came in.

"Where are they headed?" Lindow asked
"Mission. I've assigned Kota as the new leader of the First Unit."

"Why Kota?"

"He's got the right heart for it, just needs a little bit of a lesson."

"Alright. I'm willing to see how this goes."

"Oh it gonna go horribly, at least for a bit," I said as I crossed my arms across my chest

"Wha- how do you know?"

"What? You think my first mission as Leader was flawless?"

"No..."

"My point but like I said, he's got the right heart for it."