Epilogue 1

Rinni's POV

I could hear the beeping of a heart monitor. I could also hear some voices and then a door opened and closed. Come on, open your eyes, Rinni, open them. I tried my best to open my eyes and it took a while before I did. I closed them once again because of the bright light. I groan from the light as my other senses start to become more awake.

The clear scent of alcohol and disinfectant was in the room and my throat felt dry. I see a figure come into view. I stared blankly at the figure for a second before I recognized them. Before I could even speak, the department chair of my course department from my school left, they're probably gonna call a doctor or something. Soon I hear rushing footsteps and the door opens once again. I tried to move to look but I couldn't really move that much. How long was I out for? A doctor and nurse came into view and then began checking my vitals, also I got a few glasses of water. After the doctor left a couple of police officers came in and asked questions. Apparently, I had been missing for almost three months, and last week they found me covered in so many scratches and deep cuts, it was a miracle that I didn't die of blood loss according to them. They ruled out that I was kidnapped, to which I agreed.

What? Expect me to tell them that I went to different dimensions?

Hell no.

They'd think I'm crazy and probably send me off to a mental institution. After the questioning by the police and the department chair was the next to talk to me. Telling me that they wanted me to take a bit of an academic break so I can recover. Also, they said they couldn't really open up the subjects I was taking prior to what I was missing in the upcoming semester. I took their advice and decided to take an academic break. They also told me that since I was kidnapped and went missing that was a ground for them to not put a drop, incomplete, or failing grade on my last year, and last semester's grades. After a few more exchanges of words and advice, the department chair left.

The next day a psychiatrist came to check up on me to see if I had gotten PTSD or some other mental illness from the whole "kidnapping" ordeal. To be honest, I probably do have some PTSD with everything I've been through... It's going to be understandable. The psychiatrist was my only visitor that day. Days passed and people came to visit me from time to time and I would talk to them. Soon enough I was free to leave, of course, I still had to make sure my wounds were clean and so on. I spent a good three weeks in total in the hospital before I was free to go home. When I did, it felt weird yet happy at the same time.

I went up to my room and unpacked the bag of clothes into the laundry. One of my friends brought me that bag the third day I woke up from my coma, and they also found my phone in my workshop so they decided to take it with them that day so I wouldn't be too bored in the hospital. You're probably wondering, how did my friend get into my house? Simple, I gave them my key because they would often come over and since they lived a good one hour away from where I am, it was only practical I gave them a copy of the key.

Anyway, let me tell you, when I turned on my phone I had a shit ton of notifications. I had to get into calls left and right to talk to my friends and tell them that I was alive and everything else. Of course, I told them the fake excuse for why I was gone for almost three months. But for some of them, I told them what really happened and as expected, they didn't really believe me that much. It could be chalked up to my attempt to deal with trauma in a better way. I remember getting into a call with Hailey and pretending that it would be a story idea, which she believed.

"That's a good story idea, maybe you should write about it? And I can check on it and all that good stuff. Oh sorry, I gotta go; my Mom's calling me. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay..." the call ended with a cheerful goodbye from the other side.

"But... I didn't think of this out of whim... It actually happened..."

A sigh escaped my lips as I put down my phone on my desk, looking at the blank document I had right in front of me. With another sigh, I began to type the story. I typed my story of each dimension and how it all came to be. That's how this book started and it did keep me busy during the days I was in the hospital. I mean, probably if I was in their shoes I would also think that it's just a made-up story to cope with everything that's happened. So I can't really blame them for not believing me. I just have to try to live my life the way it used to I guess. But I know I'll never forget the memories I have from the time I spent in those worlds. I know I'll cherish them forever, besides I do have a reminder of it.