Chapter 50: No, I'm Not Okay

Rinni's POV

I was walking along the halls with my guard up when I saw a door ahead... I know what to do now. I know I won't be able to save everyone but I hope I can at least save Shinobu or Muichiro from this fortress. I opened a door and came across Upper Moon 2 with Shinobu inside, fighting the demon, Doma.

When I saw the opening I stabbed him with the specialized poison that Hibana made. I felt something pierce my stomach. I look down to find Doma's hand through it. I cut it off before jumping away. I took deep breaths before pulling it out. I groaned and held my stomach as it started to heal. I watched as Shinobu stabbed Doma to the ceiling and he hugged her closely. I quickly cut his arms and pulled her away as more of my blood fell to the floor.

"What are you doing?! I had a plan!" Shinobu screamed at me before I slapped her

"You're not dying today. Kanao still needs you, I'm here, we can take him on. Back up will come, until then, don't you dare give up." Shinobu was staring at me with wide eyes

My wound at this point had fully healed so I jumped up and grabbed Shinobu's rapier, which was on the floor, before handing it to her. Kanao and Inosuke soon arrived and with some effort we managed to defeat Doma, with Shinobu, for the first time, beheading a demon. Once we were done with Doma we left and began to make our way to Muzan. Of course, we heard about Muichiro and Genya's death, but we had to press on. I know I want to save everyone but I can't do that. Orders were given that all of the Hashiras should gather at once because Muzan had revived himself.

Shinobu and I nodded at one another and began to run, eventually reached where the big bad hehe man was and we ended up back in the surface world instead of the infinity fortress. A crow warned us we had an hour and a half left before sunrise. I know this would be the longest hour and a half of our lives. All the Hashiras, including me, began to attack Muzan as we intended for him to stay on the surface until the sun rose. An attack was about to hit me and I knew that I wouldn't have any time to block so I braced myself, but suddenly I pulled away and a few lower-ranking demon slayers had sacrificed themselves for me. My eyes widened in horror upon seeing this.

No...

They didn't have to protect me! They don't have to!

I watched as the lower-ranking demon slayers charged forward to pull us Hashiras away to relative safety before we began to attack again. I knew what was gonna happen next so I tried my best to save Mitsuri and Obanai since they were the closest to me. I was ready to receive the hit but I didn't feel it. I turned to see why didn't it happen only to see a barb through Shinobu's heart.

She... She defended me...

The crow above us announced Shinobu's death but of course, we couldn't stop, but I did. I watched someone who I saw as an older sister, die because of me. What happened next was a blur but I got careless again and this time Mitsuri got injured and Obanai ran to help.

No...

No!

I wanted them to live! I tried so fucking hard to save them!

No!

They have to live! Does anything I do matter?!

My tears flowed down my face as I kept attacking. Suddenly I felt better, physically that is, but that didn't stop me from attacking. I blocked an attack that was for Obanai before charging. I didn't care what was happening to me, I only cared about trying to save these people. I bought out the extra two vials of the poison Captain Hibana made and stabbed them into Muzan's back as Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao were fighting Muzan. I decided to do the riskiest thing I would ever do.