Chapter 30: Dungeon

Rinni's POV

After saying goodbye to Hestia, we set off to the lower floors. I didn't have salamander wool like Bell did, I told him I could handle fire a little better because of the oracle cells inside me. Once we met up with Welf and Lili, we proceeded to go down. Not even a minute in the middle floors and we were already attacked by hellhounds, two charged at me and Bell. I used the ax handle to block the bite before I punched its head, throwing it upwards in time for Welf to kill it along with the one that attacked Bell. Lili also assisted in a kill.

We talked a bit, with them teasing me about how the hellhounds kinda reminded them of me. I was about to argue with them when white rabbits came, and the subject changed as we teased Bell about it, to which he killed them after they tried to attack. We found an open area but more of those white bunnies came, I didn't pay attention to what they were okay? We just fought on, and soon enough a party passed by us. Wait... Shit! how am I forgetting stuff?!

This is the part where Bell and his party go into the middle floors of the dungeon and get trapped! They're soon forced to go down to floor 18, which is a safe spot. We ran into a different passage, but not without me yelling assholes at Mikoto's party. While running through a small bridge I turned around and used my ax to attack the monsters, telling the rest to go ahead. I used my breathing to help me defeat them quickly, but some of them got past me. They attacked Bell and the rest, and while I was distracted one of them bit my left calf.

I immediately killed it and limped toward the others. I used breathing techniques to at least stop the bleeding, they were worried about me but I told them my ability will heal me over time. We fought on, getting tired battle after battle as we became surrounded. Then the ground beneath us collapses. I fell on my side, landing on my arm causing me to lose the air in my lungs and groan in pain. I move my arm and lucky for me, it's not broken. The collapse ends with Welf getting his leg injured and Lili being trapped under rubble.

Without thinking I got up and tried to help her, seeing as she was the closest to me. A hellhound tries to attack Bell and if it wasn't for the salamander wool, he would have been dead. He snapped out of it and helped Welf up and we escaped. He supported the left on one side, while I supported on the other. I asked Lili to either stay beside us or a little bit in front of us as we walked. I didn't really pay attention to them as I was listening to our surroundings. What brought me back to the conversation was Welf saying something.

"Listen, you need to leave me behind if things get too bad alright?" this surprised the two

"Huh?! What are you talking about?!"

"Admit it, I'm just gonna slow you guys down."

"No man left behind. That's what I'd always do for my friends back then. That means we're not leaving you here Welf. We'll get out of here or at least find a safe spot." I said

"Yeah, there's no way we're gonna leave you just because your hurt" Bell added

"There's no other choice." Welf stated

"Wait... I might know a way. We may be able to get out alive if we could somehow make it down to floor 18."

"Of course! If I remember correctly that's a safe floor, right? No hostels? Just other adventurers, right?" Lili nods to my question

"Master Bell, you decided, you're the party leader."

"Ah, don't be afraid Bell. We won't blame you for whatever happens."

"Yeah, you got the final say in this. You're the one who made this group, not me."

"Let's go" I hear Bell say after a few seconds of silence