Chapter 3: Hang Out

Rinni's POV

Days turned into weeks, and weeks then turned into months. Time passed and they did train me to fight better and so on. I have gone with them to their missions but most of the time I would go with Maka and Soul. Just in case you still didn't get it, they trust me now, well not fully because I still haven't told a lot about myself. Pretending that I have amnesia besides school activities and so on is kinda complicated, gotta watch what I say.

But, anyway, I made a few good friends besides the Soul Eater main cast gang. I know they'll be the Spartio group but that's a spoiler for those who don't read the manga. Anyway, I don't have a creative name for them. Did I forget to mention I'm 15 again? Yeah, whatever age the main characters become that's the age I become, or at least that's what I theorized.

Where have I been staying all this time? Well, I managed to get into the EAT class with them, and I was given a room at the dorms near the school. I have no trouble with general subjects, like English, Science, Math, etc., and maybe a little difficulty with the subject of Souls and Soul Wavelengths, because it doesn't exist in the world where I originated from.

Was that a mess to read? Well, get used to it. My thoughts are all over the place and one thing can divert me from the main idea, sometimes. Okay, I lied, most times. I wrote the final notes I have to write before putting away my notebook.

"Hey, we're gonna go to the cafe Liz and Patty used to work at, wanna come with us?" Maka asked

"Definitely" I replied with a smile on my face

I got up from my seat and I eventually began to talk to Maka about souls because, again, I don't know much cause the subject doesn't exist in my world. Passing by the mission board, I saw an interesting mission that I might wanna take. I'll give that a look later. You're all probably wondering, what's a mission? Well, that's just what I call extracurricular lessons, and they are very much aware of it.

They even started to use it too because it's a lot shorter and much easier to relay if ever. Soon enough we reached Death Bucks, and yes I know what reference that is. We all continued to talk about general stuff, and somehow we managed to talk about missions which made me quiet.

"You okay? You've been silent ever since we started talking about missions?" Soul asked

"Oh- ah, yeah, I'm okay, I'm just thinking to be honest"

"Whatcha thinking about?" Patty asked

"Well, I was thinking of going on my first solo mission, don't get me wrong, it's fun to go with you guys but I wanna see if I can do stuff on my own.."

"That is true, but ever since the incident with the Demon Sword, no team was allowed to go alone. Despite the fact the students of the academy are strong, it is considered as a precautionary measure to avoid putting other students in the same situation." Kidd explained

Oh... that's right... how could I forget one of the arcs of the main story? I guess when you're too much into 'blending in' you forget things, but then again they haven't mentioned it to me. Time to act again.

"Demon Sword incident?"

"It's a long story, and we don't have much time now" Tsubaki pointed at the clock

"Well, I guess that's a story for another time."

We all left the cafe, yes we paid, the concept of money does exist, duh. We all walked back and arrived at class on time. At the end of the day, we all packed up our stuff, ready to go home. Just as I was putting my notebook in my bag Maka and Soul approached me.

"Hey, what's up?"

"We know that you can't go on the mission alone, but we know that you want to do stuff on your own. So how about Soul and I go with you on the mission but you handle stuff on your own?"

"Sounds like a plan to me. I'll look at missions tomorrow before class and I'll tell you, guys, about it. Alright?"

"Okay"

With my goofy and carefree smile, I gently patted Maka's head, before smirking and ruffling her hair a bit, yes I was teasing her, did I get the reaction I want? Yes, yes I did.

"See ya tomorrow!" I said as I ran away before she can Maka chopped me

We parted ways I went back to the dorms, excited to see what tomorrow brings. As I walked back to the dorms I came across Black Star and Tsubaki. The Star Duo was training. Well, I could ask about the Demon Sword incident, so I won't be suspicious when they ask how I know about it. Don't be suspicious, don't be suspicious, don't- Wait what the actual fuck? Why does that song sometimes pop out in my mind whenever I say or hear the word suspicious? Maybe because it's iconic? Funny? A meme? I don't know. It is what it is. I approached the two.

"Hey guys" I said

"Oh hey Rinni, have you come to see me and my godliness?! Well, here I am! The great and godly Black Star!"

"Uh... I'm not here to do that. I wanted to ask you guys about something. Kidd mentioned the Demon Sword incident, and I wanna know the story behind it. That is if you guys don't mind talking about it."

Black Star fell silent and Tsubaki transformed back into her human form.

"You might wanna take a seat. It's a bit of a long story"

I took a seat on the ground. Despite already knowing what happened, I wanted to know how they'd tell the story, even if it wasn't from their perspective. I might get to know how they felt when it happened, after all, during this they only showed how Maka felt mostly.

Yes, they did show how Black Star felt, but it was only briefly. Or am I getting it mixed up when Maka was in the infirmary after Arachne? I have shit memory so don't expect me to remember everything. They soon began to tell me the story after warning me that it was from Maka's perspective, as they did not ask Soul for his. I quietly listened to the story.

"How did you guys feel about it?" I asked once they were done telling the story

"Well, I was worried about Soul. He's like a brother to me, so of course, it was normal for me to be worried. But deep down, I was angry at what happened. I wanted to find whoever did that to him and kill them." Black Star said

"I was thankful that Soul survived. I was worried for both of them but more so about Maka when the aftermath happened. She was constantly blaming herself behind closed doors while telling us she's okay."

"Basically, she was hiding how she truly felt while she blamed herself for something she couldn't control?" Tsubaki nodded to my question

A moment of silence passes as I process what they said. I took a deep breath and sighed, looking up. I now notice how it's slowly starting to become dark.

"It's already this late... We should probably call it a day. Yeah?"

The two nodded and we went our separate directions. They went back to their apartment, and I went back to the dorms. I walked in silence to my destination as the moon slowly but surely began to rise.