Chapter 32: War Games

Rinni's POV

The day of the War Games finally came. Bell and I went home to see everyone waiting for us. I smiled as everyone was ready, with Bell's cue, we all began to run where we needed to go. Bell and I got in the same cart while the others rode a different one.

"Now you two be very extra careful out there, okay Bell and Rinni?" Hestia said

"We will, we promise" Bell responded

"We'll have each other's backs so don't worry too much goddess." The cart begins to move

"Please tell everyone else the same too! And let them know I'll be waiting patiently for your triumphant return!"

"We'll be back soon! Just hang tight!"

"We'll win this! See ya later!"

After Hestia was no longer in sight, I sat in silence with Bell. It's easy to tell, we're both nervous about this. Yes, we trained but you can't help but be nervous about this. We already have a plan of attack, we just need to be sure that it works all the way. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the ones we were riding with began talking to Bell and me. They gave us their support too and we thanked them for it.

"Mister Bell! Miss Rinni!" Bell and I looked behind us when we suddenly heard our names being mentioned.

"Oh, Miss Syr! Don't hurt yourself." Bell said as he properly faced her

"Be careful!" I said as I properly faced her as well

"Take this!" she said while running and handing out something to Bell

Bell grabbed it but I couldn't help but feel a familiar intimidating aura. I can't seem to pinpoint who but I know I've felt this before.

"It's a good luck charm an adventurer at work gave me! It's supposed to protect you-" she trips

"Miss Syr!" Bell said in a concerned tone

"I said be careful!" I said in a slightly frustrated tone

"Do your best out there! I'll have lunch waiting for you both! Just like I always do!" Syr screamed out

"Thanks!" both Bell and I said in unison

Bell gave me a necklace that had a gray marble-like pendant. I put it on and Bell puts on a similar-looking one except for the color which is green. That night Lili infiltrates the castle, as we patiently wait for the time to pass by. Before I knew it, it was already noon. We set our plan into action and everyone got into position. Once the enemy was distracted I went with Bell and Welf to the front gate, and Lili opened it.

"Yo, nice disguise" Said Welf

"Thanks for all your hard work, Lili"

"Good job, the war's not over yet, but we can do this. We'll win" I said as I patted Lili's head

"Please, you go on ahead, I'm going to stir up a little more trouble" she said in a mischievous tone

"Be sure to be safe because after this we're gonna celebrate big time!"

The three of us ran ahead inside, ready to fight. Upon reaching the end of the tunnel Welf used his magic causing the crystal balls that the mages up top to explode. Bell ran past everyone with me behind him while Welf stayed behind to fight. I stood guard as Bell charged up his ability. He fired a firebolt with the mix of his ability upwards, causing the tower to fall down. Bell charged at Hyakinth and I stood as a backup.