Lightning sees Mater/Stay away from me!

So far Lightning was doing Ok in the race and was heading for the Pits to make a quick Pit Stop! But... He wanted to know whether Mater was Ok or not! Suddenly, as he rounded the corner towards the Pits, he heard a familiar voice!

"Everybody, get out! Get out now! Y'all get out of the pits!"

Lightning recalled when he thought that he had heard his friend in Italy after he won the race! "Mater? That really actually sounded like... Mater! Mater?" 

Once he got a clear view of the Pits, he saw that it was Mater! Lightning was so relieved that his best friend was alright, that he had forgotten all about the race!

"Mater! There you are!"

As he pulled to a stop, he saw that Mater was all worried and freaked out by something!

"Stop right there!"

"Oh man, I've been so worried about you!"

"Don't come any closer!"

McQueen finally stopped really close to Mater so that he could apologize to him for his outburst in Tokyo. He knew now that winning the race wasn't worth losing his best friend over!

"Are you Ok?"

But to his surprise and shock, Mater started driving away from him!

"No, I'm not Ok! Stay away from me!"

As he drove away, Lightning was concerned! Mater was probably really upset at him for what happened to him in Japan that he didn't even want to be near him, fearing that he might hurt him or mess up one of his races again!

"No, wait! Wait!"

"Hold everything. A tow truck has just raced onto the track, and he's driving back wards!"

Wanting to have his best friend back, Lightning quickly took off after him! "Mater, wait!"