Plane ride alone/Goodnight Lightning...

Lightning and the others started boarding the plane for Italy, their luggage had already been packed away in the loading area as the Japan Car helpers led him to their seats!

"Poruto korusa-iki no īsuto 8113-bin o go riyō no okyakusama wa, korega saigo no tōjō an'nai to narimasu. 8113, Korega saigo no tōjō denwadesu!"

"Raitoningu makkuīn no chīmu, koko ni anata no seki ga arimasu! Mōsugu shuppatsudesu! Poruto korusa Itaria e no furaito o otanoshimini nari, sutekina tsuitachi o osugoshi kudasai!"

"Thank you!!!"

"Grazie!"

Although Lightning was a bit sad, he still wanted to thank the Japan Airport Car helper!

"Thank you..."

The Airport Japan Car saw that the race car was a bit upset, before turning to Luigi!

"Sumimasen, kiiro no anata, hikōki ga ririku suru mae ni, anata no tomodachi ga seki ni tsuite iru ma, sugu ni anata to hanashite mo īdesu ka?"

Luigi had an idea about what she wanted, thankful for her concern about Lightning! He turned to Guido, seeing that Lightning, Fillmore, and Sarge had already left and taken their seats! 

"Oh, sure! Guido, you pick a seat by the window for the both of us and I'll join you there shortly! Ok?"

Guido nodded, before leaving them alone!

"Va bene!"

As Guido left them alone, the Airport Car helper figured that Lightning had a fight with one of his friends. "Mondai wa arimasu ka? Anata no rēsukā to kare no betsu no yūjin to no ma ni?"

Luigi smiled a little bit, glad she was able to notice that! "You could say that! He brought his friend Mater along on the trip and then he told him he needed to act different, that we weren't in Radiator Springs!"

 "Oshiete kure kono mētā yarō, kare wa raitoningu no shin'yūna no?"

"He's Lightning's best friend! Actually, he was the first person that trusted the race car when we all met him before any of us, including Sally or Doc wanted to!"

"Dewa, naze raitoningu wa kare ni hoka no dareka ni naru yō ni tanomu nodeshou ka?"

Luigi sighed, she had a good point! He wished Mater had stayed with them so that Lightning could tell his friend that he was sorry... "What did he do? He... He said some terrible things to Mater after he lost the race during their fight and..."

"Nē, yūjō to rēsu no sekai ni naru to, kizuna ga tamesa reru koto ga takusan arimasu! (Shinkeishitsu ni warai) kiiroi mono o shinjite kudasai, subete no yūjō wa kawarimasu... Shikashi, yoimono wa, kore ni yori tsuyoku narimasu! Anata no rēsukā wa, mētā ni nani o iubeki ka o shitte imasu.."

Luigi nods, he better get to his seat before the plane takes off! "Yeah, okay... Thanks for the advice!"

"Dōitashimashite, Itaria e no anzen'na furaito o!"

As she leaves, Luigi goes to join Guido in his seat next to the window! "Saetta starà bene, Luigi?"

"Don't worry, Guido my friend. After the WGP is over and he sees his best friend again when we return home to Radiator Springs, McQueen will know what to say to Mater!"

The two of them as well as Sarge and Fillmore put on their sleeping masks, just as Lightning sits in his own seat by himself! Suddenly, the plane announcer from cock pit started to make his announcement in Japanese, which meant that the plane was starting to take off! 

"Gokigen'yō redīsu& jentorukā! Kokkupitto kara, kyaputen ga hanashikakemasu! Mata, Itaria no poruto korusa-iki no chokkō-bin 8113-bin de o mukae itashimasu!"

Everyone saw the seat belt was being turned on, which meant there would be a lot of turbulence for the next few minutes!

"Kore wa futatabi anata no kyaputendesu. Rankiryū ni mimawa rete iru yōdesunode, kongo sū-funkan, shītoberuto chakuyō sain o tentō sa semasu!"

As the plane was in the air and moved past the turbulence, Lightning saw that all his friends were asleep... Suddenly, the interview after his loss in Japan came on the TV... 

"Francesco!"

"Francesco, over here. What was your strategy today?"

"Strategia? Francesco needs-a no strategy. It's-a very simple. You start the race, wait for Lightning McQueen to choke, pass him, then win. Francesco always-a wins. It's-a borning!"

"You gotta tell you dude you were in trouble there for a while. That dirt track section had you crawling!"

"To truly crush one's dream, you must first raise their hopes very high!"

Lightning saw the T.V. version of himself rolling his eyes before leaving, which made him feel even more guilty about his fight with Mater...

"But I never leak oil. Never!"

"Mater, you have to get a hold of yourself. You're making a scene!"

"Wait a minute. I didn't screw you up, did I?"

"I lost the race because of you!"

"Maybe if I talked to somebody..."

"I don't need your help! I don't want your help! Your help..."

As the words, "your help!" echo around Lightning, the race car's eyes are on the verge of tears, as he closes his eyes sadly. He immediately opens them as the preview was being displayed!

"Hey, there he is!"

"McQueen, you had it in the bag!"

"Yeah! What happened?"

"I made a mistake. But I can assure you, it won't happen again. Look, guys, we know what the problem is and we've taken care of it!"

"Lightning McQueen loses in the last lap to Francesco Bernoulli in the first race of the World Grand Prix. And three - count 'em - three cars flamed out! Leaving some to suggest that their fuel, Allinol, might be to blame!"

"Allinol is safe. Alternative fuel is safe. There is no way that my fuel caused these cars to flame out!"

"Well, the jury may still be out on whether Allinol caused these accidents, but one thing's for sure, Lightning McQueen blew this race!"

"Team McQueen can't be happy right now!"

Lightning looked out the window, seeing that night time had fallen while he was daydreaming, as a beautiful Christmas song Mater made for him and Sally, should he ever get lost again or feel homesick...

"Distant stars, at home up in the heavens,
Wonder what they see, are they watching me?
Christmas star, you spin your strands of silver,
What a sight to see, are you there to guide me?
Starlight, shine bright,
See me through the dark night!
Light mine, pathway,
Guide me home for Christmas day!"

Wherever Mater is, Lightning just hopes that he's safe at home in Radiator Springs...

"Goodnight, Mater..."

"Midnight stars, they sail the sky in silence,
Hearing all they see, are they hearing me?
Christmas Star, you watch the world so wisely,
At my journey's end, will you be my true friend?
Starlight, shine bright,
See me through the dark night!
Light mine, halfway,
Guide me home for Christmas day..."

On Finn Mcmissle's train friend, Stevenson, who was taking him, Holley Shiftwell, and Mater to Porto Corsa, Italy to stop a Lemon meeting! Mater looked out the window sadly, a bit worried about his friends. He wasn't a real spy, but his new spy friends didn't believe him! Plus, he was shocked to learn that the Lemon meeting was taking place in the same place that Lightning's next race was... He prays that Lightning will be ok during the race without him there...

"Goodnight, McQueen..."