Don't Worry, It's In A Good Place...

Take place before Lightning, Mater, Doc, and Sally Leave Radiator Springs.

Doc was driving around town looking for Lightning, when he came across Mater! 

"Hey Mater, have you seen Lightning? We're supposed to leave soon, but I can't find him anywhere!"

"Sorry Doc, I think Lightning went to drop off something important at your Racing Museum or something!"

Doc drove to go check the Racing Museum that McQueen had built for him after he had moved to Radiator Spirngs. When he peeked through the window, Doc saw that Lightning was putting his very first Piston Cup Trophy right next to his Three Piston Cup Trophies! 

"There... It's Perfect!"

Doc opened the door to get Lightning's attention!

"Oh! Hey, Doc..."

"It's almost time for us to, Champ... Oh? You're not bringing  your Trophy with you?"

"Nah! Don't you worry Doc, it's in a good place!"

"So do you think that we've seen the last of Chick?"

Lightning shrugged; maybe, maybe not! But he's not worried about him! 

"What Chick failed to understand kid is that there's more to racing than just winning at all costs. The best racers are a part of a team, something beyond themselves! The sooner he learns that, the sooner he won't be alone anymore!

"Poor Chick, he'll never learn... But that doesn't mean that Mater, you, me our friends as well as the new Cars at the Doc Hudson Racing Academy that we'll be making soon won't keep having fun trying to teach him!"

Doc chuckled, couldn't have said it better himself! 

"(Chuckles) Couldn't have said it better myself! I'll see ya at the Exit, Rookie!"

Lightning beemed, before taking off after him!

"Not if I see you first, Old Man! Ka-Chow!"

As the two of them drove of sight, they knew that wherever the road took them next, they would always have their friends by their side!