Mater never made it home?!/A Backup brewing!

In the phone booth at Por Corsa, Lightning was going to call home because he was sure heard Mater, even though the Tow Truck had decided to return to Radiator Springs after the mess up in Japan! Lightning put a coin in and dialed home, hoping that Sally will answer it!

"Hello?"

"Hey, Sally!"

The blue car is shocked to hear Lightning over on the phone, especially since there was still one race left in the WGP! "Oh! Hi, Stickers! Is everything Ok? I thought you guys were leaving to go to London for the final WGP race!"

The last thing on Lightning's mind was the final race in London, he was more worried about Mater right now! "We are, but I have a bigger problem right now! Mater didn't come home after my loss to Francesco in Japan, did he?"

While Sally was a bit shocked at Lightning's question, he answered because her boyfriend sounded really worried about Mater! "No, he's not here! Isn't he with you?"

Lightning started to explain what had happened after he yelled at Mater when he wasn't at the Hotel before they left for Italy earlier! 

"Well, no... He didn't know that he had made me lose the race since he forgot that he was wearing his headset! The next day, Luigi told me that Mater had decided to return home on his own, he even left a farewell note, saying how sorry he was for what he did and that he didn't wanna be the cause of me losing anymore Races! And... Then the strangest thing happened to me while I was being interviewed by the Media press! I could've sworn that I heard Mater's voice calling out to me, he sounded pretty worried about me and wanted to warn me about something!"

While Sally took all of this in on the phone line, Lightning recalled Mater's worried voice earlier after he won the race! "Let me through! Let me through! You gotta let me in! I got to get through to warn McQueen! McQueen!"

"Mater?"

"McQueen! McQueen!"

"That really sounded like... Mater! Mater?" 

After he snapped out of it, Sally offered to London England along with the others to support him during the final race and to help him find Mater!

"It's just... I really thought I heard my friend...

"Would it make you feel any better if me and others came to London to watch you race and to help you find Mater?"

Lightning smiled a little bit, that would actually help just a little bit! "Yeah, I could actually use the extra help! Just get to London as soon as possible, if you don't mind!"

"Don't worry, we'll be on the next flight out! Thank you!"

As Lightning hung up, he was shocked at what Sally had just told him! He called to talk to Mater, but... It never occurred to him that Mater wouldn't be there! Suddenly, Fillmore, Sarge, Luigi, and Guido caught up to him!

"McQueen! Eccoti!"

"McQueen-a, is-a everything OK?"

"Yeah, you took off faster than you did on the racetrack, man!"

"He's right, soldier!"

Lightning knew that he had to tell his friends the terrible news! "Well... The strangest thing happened to me while I was being interviewed by the Media press! I could've sworn that I heard Mater's voice calling out to me, he sounded pretty worried about me and wanted to warn me about something! But... I didn't see him!"

The others were just as confused and worried as the race car was! "Attesa? Hai visto Mater? Di cosa stai parlando, capo?!

"Sì, Guido's right, McQueen! I-I don't understand! We thought that Mater went home to Radiator Springs after the first race!"

"That's just it... I called Sally to talk to Mater, but... She said that he had never made it home after the first race!"

His friends were shocked! Knowing that this was serious, Luigi and Guido tried to reassure Lightning that they would find him! "Beh, non preoccuparti McQueen, lo troveremo non appena arriveremo a Londra dopo la fine della gara!"

"Guido's right, my friend! Sarge, as soon as we get to London on the next flight, you better get in touch with your friends in the British military!"

Lightning sighs, with everything that's going on, he's not sure he even should race! Either way, he dutifully went to catch their plane for London! But as they left, they didn't see Grem and Acer watching them go! Just in case the camera didn't work, they had a backup plan to kill Lightning McQueen! Seeing how Mater would rush to his rescue when he heard that his best friend was in danger, they had planted a Bomb underneath the Tow Truck's hood while he was knocked out! If the camera didn't work, they would lie to Mater saying it was in McQueen's Pit! And when Mater broke out of his prison, Professor Z would kill both of them for ruining their plans!

"Enjoy your final moments, race car! Cause it will be your last!"

"(Evil Laughing)"