It's Just a Empty Cup...

"Oh! McQueen spins out on the infield!"

Lightning McQueen finally snapped out of his daydream for the third time today. It was the day of the tiebreaker Race against him, The King, and Chick Hicks at the Los Angeles International Speedway in California, whoever won the Race would win the season title and the Piston Cup! But the race car wasn't himself. All he could think of was Sally, Mater, and all of his other new friends that he had made while he was in Radiator Springs. By the time he had finally snapped out of it, he was heading straight for a wall! He hit his brakes hard and spun out hard on the infield, much to the crowd's horror!

"(Crowd Gasping)"

As Lightning regained control of his wheels, the race car didn't think that once ever since the entire racing season started for him, he didn't think that he could win! As Chick drove faster to catch up with The King, Lightning overheard him laughing at the rookie's struggle before telling his Pit Crew and Crew Chief the good news!

"(Chuckling) Just me and the old man, fellas. McQueen just doesn't have it today!"

"(Chick's Pit Crew and Crew Chief Laughing)"

As much of a jerk Chick was ever since they met when he first came into the racing season unknown, Lightning was starting to think that the runner-up might be right... For the first time, McQueen felt like giving up! He felt so lonely without Mater and all his other friends here to support him on what was supposed to be the most important day of his life, that he didn't think he could finish the Race! Lightning drove ahead, trying to catch up with the others even though a part of him wondered if he should keep going or not. Suddenly, he heard his truck driver, Mack speak over the headset he was wearing.

"(Groans)"

"Hey, kid, you alright?"

To be completely honest, McQueen didn't know anymore. He wasn't even sure if the Race seemed as important to him anymore as it did four days ago!

"I don't know, Mack, I... I... I... (Sighs) I don't think I..."

But just as Lightning was about to give up, he heard a different voice over his headset!

"I didn't come all this way to see you quit!"

Lightning recognized that voice all too well!

"Doc?"

The race car looked over to look at his Pit Crew Section and realized that he was right! He saw Sarge, Fillmore, Guido, Luigi, Sheriff, Flo, Ramone, and Mater! Even Doc was wearing his former racing colors as "Fabulous Hudson Hornet" back from when he was a famous race car right before his big crash! Lightning smiled, he could hardly contain his excitement that his friends were here!

"(Cheering Lightning On!)"

"McQueen! McQueen!"

"Guys, you're here! I can't believe this!"

"I knew you needed a Crew Chief, but I didn't know it was this bad..."

Even though Lightning was grateful that Doc and the others came to see him race and support him on the biggest day of his life, he remembered that after his big Crash, Doc told him that he would never come back after the Media quit on him.

"I thought you said you'd never come back!"

"Well, I really didn't have a choice. Mater didn't get to say goodbye!"

"GOODBYE! Ok, I'm good!"

Lightning chuckled, glad to hear his best friend's voice again after so long. As Mater held up a sign that said "Radiator Springs Racing Team," Lightning pulled into the Pits as Fillmore and Sarge refilled his Gas Tank with fuel. Doc realized that he was wrong about Lightning by calling the Media to get Lightning out of Town to keep his past from everyone a secret, he didn't see all the goodness that the kid had brought to everyone, especially Mater and Sally! Now, Doc wanted to help him win!