Lightning finds out that Mater went home/ Next stop; Porto Corsa, Italy!

Later that morning after Mater went to the Airport to fly back home, Lightning McQueen had just woken up! He was looking for Mater and the rest of his team since they had to be on the next Plane so that they could get to where the next race was but the only problem was... He couldn't find anyone, anywhere! Suddenly, he heard Guido and Luigi crying softly in the main room over some paper. Curious why they were so upset, Lightning drove over to them!

"There, there, Guido! Mater will be okay!"

"Hey, guys, what's going on? (Sees one member of his team is missing!) Wait--Where's Mater?"

Sarge looked at Luigi, knowing that one of them has to tell Lightning the bad news about where his best friend is! 

"Ahem! Do you wanna tell him, or should I?"

"No, I'll do it! The thing is, Mater went home this morning, McQueen!"

Lightning's eyes filled with worry confused what Luigi means by that!

"Went home? What are you talking about? I don't understand!"

"He didn't want us to tell you until you woke up this morning and had calmed down from last night, but umm... He was very upset about what happened, so... He's decided to go home today!"

Lightning's eyes widened, complete with worry and concern! 

"Wait, what?! Where is he?!"

"We don't know, he probably already left!"

Shocked and feeling guilty about his argument last night, McQueen started to read Mater's farewell note while Luigi and Guido did their best to hold back their tears while Fillmore and Sarge watched bittersweetly and silently...

"Dear Lightning McQueen, By the time you read this, I will be safely on an airplane flying home. I'm so sorry for what I did. I don't want to be the cause of you losing any more races. I want you to go prove to the world what I already know. That you are the greatest race car in the whole wide world. Your best friend, Mater..."

Lightning felt terrible and guilty, he didn't really actually want Mater to leave!

"I didn't really want him to leave!"

Luigi looked at the extra pages on the floor.

"(SOBBING)"

"Wait, there's more here. "PS. Please tell the hotel, I didn't mean to order that movie. I thought it was just a preview and I didn't realize I was paying for it. "PPS. That's funny right there. PP." There are a few more pages of PS's here!"

Lightning decided that things would be okay as long as he knows that Mater is at home in Radiator Springs, then he'll be safe... 

"Well, at least I know if he's at home, he'll be safe..."

Luigi's eyes widened, remembering they have to leave soon if they want to be in time for the next WGP race! 

"Oh, that reminds me! We have to leave soon to catch the next plane so that you can be on time for the next WGP race!"

While Lightning sadly knows that Luigi's right, while Sarge is wondering where the next WGP race is taking place!

"(Sighs)"

"That reminds me, where is the next WGP race taking place?"

Luigi checks the WGP website, and sees that is a town that he and Guido were all too familiar with!

"Oh, Guido look! The race is taking in Porto Corsa, Italy, our former home village, and in less than two days!"

Sarge and Fillmore were excited, knowing it could give their friends a chance to see Luigi's family as well as his and Guido's home village before the two friends came to Radiator Springs!

"That's wonderful news, man!"

"Yeah, it'll be great for you and Guido to see your Uncle and your Mama Topolino again, Luigi!"

"The next flight there is at Noon. So if we catch that one, we should be there one day early before the day of the big race!"

Guido could hardly contain his excitement! 

"Sì! Sì! Sì!"

Sarge knew that they better get moving if they make it on time before the next race!

"Alright, you heard him soldiers! We're going to Italy, so move it!"

"Yes!!!"

As Luigi and the others started to pack their things with excitement for the trip, Lightning sadly went to pack his things alone. After packing everything, he looks at the picture of Team McQueen, remembering when Mater got it for him right before the race as a Gift...

"Here ya go, buddy!"

"Thanks, Mater... Oh! That's us, Mater!"

"Yeah! The picture was on sale for free so I decided to get it for you as a gift!"

"Thank you, Mater! As soon as we get home, I'll put it in Mack's trailer and never let it out of my sight!"

"You're welcome! After all, nothing's too big for my best buddy!"

Lightning sighs as he puts it in his suitcase, grabs his things, before leaving Hotel for the Airport along with his remaining team... However, as they left to catch their plane for Porto Corsa, Italy, they didn't see Grem and Acer watching another opportunity being presented before them!