Mater chooses To Go Home

Later that night, the usual happy Tow Truck Mater returned to his room at the Hotel that they were staying at in Tokyo, Japan... His mix-up with his mysterious girlfriend from the Party from earlier had made Lightning lose the race and to Francesco Bernoulli no less! He closed the door loudly in anger and sadness!

"(Groans in Anger and Sadness at himself!) Why couldn't I have just remembered to turn my headset off?! OH! I was such an idiot!"

As Mater slammed his Tire down on the Hotel floor in frustration, he didn't notice that the rest of his team, minus his best friend were watching him! Mater sniffed softly as he recalled their argument from earlier...

"Wait a minute. I didn't screw you up, did I?"

"I lost the race because of you!"

"Maybe if I talked to somebody..."

"I don't need your help! I don't want your help! Your help...

Mater felt terrible now as the words, "your help!" echo around him, and was on the verge of tears before he heard a soft knock on the door! The Tow Truck sniffed a little, before replying to who it was at the door. 

"(Sniffing) Who-Who is it?"

"It's Luigi, Guido, Fillmore, and Sarge, Mater! May we can come in mi Mio amico?"

Mater sighed sadly before he opens the door, letting his friends in. Sarge could see the unhappy look on his friend's face, still feeling guilty for disappointing Lightning earlier during the race...

"Hey soldier, been thinking about your fight with Lightning?"

Mater nods before he turns to a picture of Team McQueen on the wall, knowing that he can't stay here any longer... He didn't want to mess up any more of Lightning's races!

"Yeah... To be completely honest, Sarge I'm not even sure that I should stay here anymore... Maybe tomorrow I should just go back to Radiator Springs..."

Although Fillmore and Sarge were both saddened at thought of their friend leaving, Guido and Luigi could understand why he wanted to return home early... Back when they used to work for his Uncle Topolino, they would fight over everything all the time but in the end, were always there for each other...

"You are sure, Mater?"

Mater nodded, he didn't want Lightning to lose the rest of the races in the WGP and later in the future just because of him! He decided that it would be better if he left... Luigi and Guido nodded bittersweetly, respecting their friend's choice! Fighting back their tears, Luigi gently asked the others to leave the room!

"Capisco, we understand! Come, let us give Mater some time alone before he has to left. Good luck, Mater!"

"Arrivederci amico mio, e buona fortuna!"

"Be careful, man!"

"Take care of yourself, soldier!"

Mater smiled a little, silently thanking them for their support and understanding. Mater got out some Hotel paper, deciding to write a farewell note for Lightning to explain how sorry he is...

"Dear Lightning McQueen, By the time you read this, I will be safely on an airplane flying home. I'm so sorry for what I did. I don't want to be the cause of you losing any more races. I want you to go prove to the world what I already know. That you are the greatest race car in the whole wide world. Your best friend, Mater..."

Mater shrugs, he'll worry about the other pages of his letter before he leaves... The early next morning, Mater had finished up breakfast and his letter as well as taken 95 paint job off. The Tow Truck gazed at the sun rising over the Hotel before peeking into Lightning's room, seeing the race car was fast asleep. Silent without any words, Mater sadly left for the Airport, closing the Hotel door gently. But little did he know, that leaving Lightning would test their friendship even more... As he left the Hotel to fly home to Radiator Springs, he was too sad to see the Grem and Acer from the Party and Race earlier watching him go!