Wish me Luck! You go get 'em Buddy!

The next morning after the Party in Tokyo Japan, Lightning McQueen was ready for the First Race in the WGP! He was excited to be here, but he was a little bit nervous... He was only in this Race because of Mater the Tow Truck, who was his best friend! He faintly remembers Mater standing up during the talk show...

"Miles, Why not invite Lightning McQueen?"

"Huh? What?"

"Of course we invited him, but apparently after his very long racing season he is taking time off to rest!"

"The Lightning McQueen would not have a chance against Francesco!"

"Huh!"

"Let's go to Radiator Springs. You're on, caller!"

"Yeah, that Italian feller you got on there can't talk that way about Lightning McQueen. He's the bestest race car in the whole wide world!"

"Uh-oh!"

 "If he is, how you say, "the bestest race car," then why must he rest? Huh?"

'"Cause he knows what's important. Every now and then he prefers just to slow down, enjoy life!"

"Oh! You heard it! Lightning McQueen prefers to be slow! Of course, This is not news to Francesco. When I want to go to sleep, I watch one of his races. After two laps, I am out cold!"

"(MURMURING)"

"That ain't what I meant! And Let me tell you something else, Mr. San Francisco..."

"Mater?"

"McQueen could drive circles around you!"

"Driving in circles is all he can-a do, no?"

"No. I mean, yes. I mean, he could beat you anywhere. Any time, any track!"

"McQueen?"

Lightning turns around to see the very same Tow Truck that he was thinking about, Mater had just put his headset on just like Guido, Luigi, Sarge, and Fillmore! Mater could see his best friend was a bit nervous, considering that this was his first adventure outside the country that he's ever been on before!

"So... Huh, how do I look?"

"You look great, Mater..."

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just a little bit nervous, Mater..."

"As you should be, McQueen!"

Mater rolls his eyes; it's the very same Italian formula Race Car that was insulting his best buddy during the Talk Show, Francesco Bernoulli! Luigi and Guido were near by, when they saw the same thing that Mater did, before rolling their eyes!

"(Sighs) What a jerk!"

"Uh-oh..."

Mater rolls his eyes before driving in front of Lightning to defend him again!

"He's not afraid of you, Francesco!"

"Oh, hey there, Tow Truck!"

"Spare me the niceness, Francesco! Do me and my team a favor and get back to your Pit, stop bugging my driver!"

"Too bad your best friend isn't gonna be out on the track to look after little boy... (Bumps into Guido by Accident!) Ow, excuse me!"

"Ehi! Cosa ti prende?!"

As Francesco left McQueen's Pit Area, Mater's angry face fades, before gently driving over to try and cheer the race car up!

"Hey... Don't worry about Francesco, don't worry about anyone else... Just go out there and show 'em what Lightning McQueen can do!"

Lightning smiles, knowing that he better get going!

"Thanks! Wish me luck!"

"You go get 'em, buddy!"

"Japan, land of the rising sun where ancient tradition meets modern technology. Welcome to the inaugural running of the World Grand Prix!"

Little did they know that would be almost the last time that they ever actually talked as friends...