Actually a Happy Birthday

( Right from where the last chapter ended )

When I got to the car Ayden acted as if nothing had happened, like he didn't just get into his first fight.

"How was school for you today?" Dad asked looking at me.

"could've been better" I said then sat back and put my seatbelt on.

[ flashback ]

[ safaree POV ]

The twins will officially turn 8 in a 30 minutes and I have no idea where Nicki is. Last year we planned the day together, this year I'm stuck. It's so much easier with her. She's been buzzing for a few months now and I'm proud of her but she can't just forget about her family. She's the rock who keeps everything going around here. What am I supposed to do while she's not around.

[ Aydens POV ]

Dad said to go to sleep a few hours ago but i can't. I haven't heard the door open yet meaning mommy isn't home. She used to love being around me but now she doesn't even tuck me in. Ary says it's because mommy is busy but that doesn't make it any easier. "You want a famous mommy or a nobody mommy" she asks me all the time but truthfully she was more before she was famous.

[ Safaree POV ]

"Nic? Where are you?"

"In the studio, why do you need me?"

"Onika you know for the last few years we went into the twins room screaming happy birthday"

"Yeah but that's only on their birth..... Damn. But Faree I can't leave now! I'm flowing right now. Pauz" she laughed but i just hung up.

I decided not to wake them up at 12, I wanted to wait for Nicki but when they woke up the next morning she still wasn't home. Ayden busted in the room "dad where's mommy?" Before i could answer he walked into our bathroom then came out disappointed. We heard a noise come from the kitchen and both looked towards the door then he bolted down the stairs. He was sad to see it was just his sister attempting to prepare breakfast. This is the day my son changed forever.

[ end of flashback ]

When they got home Safaree told them that they had two hours to get ready to go out for dinner. He unlocked the car doors and they all stepped out.

"What should I wear" Aryanna asked Ayden as Safaree unlocked the door.

"Your white dress" he answered while they walked in. Safaree turned on the light and everyone yelled 'surprise'

"DAD HOW DID YOU SET THIS UP" Aryanna asked excitedly, "I don't know" Safaree responded just as surprised as his daughter. The room got quiet and then they heard Nickis voice. "Happy birthday to my babies!!! Aryanna and Ayden, I love you both so much" She hugged them, "you don't even know us" Aryanna whispered in her ear and Nicki pretended not to hear her.

When the kids went upstairs to get dressed they went straight to Aydens room. Most of Aryanna's stuff was in there anyway. When they walked in they saw a tux on the bed so Ary figured she had something on her bed too, a beautiful long blue dress that she couldn't wait to put on. After they helped each other get ready they walked downstairs hand in hand.
Nicki caught a picture of them from the bottom of the stairs. She stood in between them as everyone else took a picture then grabbed them to go say hi to everyone.

"Wayne, these are my babies that I'm always talking about. Aryanna and Ayden this is the guy who is making mommys dream come true"

"Hi Mr Wayne" they said at the same time and he laughed, "just call me Wayne, happy birthday you guys. This is my daughter Reginae, I was hoping since your mom and I will be together a lot that you guys could learn to get along"

Ary reached her hand out to Reginae and they 💀went straight to the kitchen. Usually Ayden would follow but he didn't plan on leaving Nickis side. As the party went on everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves except Safaree although he was trying to his hardest to hide it.

[ skip to end of the party ]

Aryanna was washing her hair when Nicki walked into her bathroom. She stood in her doorway watching her wash the cake out of her hair, "need help?" She offered

"I don't need anything from you" she snapped without turning around.

"Aryanna"

"Onika"

Nicki sighed and walk into her bedroom and began to get undressed.

"Hey Faree" she walked over to him and tried to kiss him but he moved. "Should've known you were mad if Aryanna was mad" she said shaking her head

"You couldn't tell me you were giving them a party?" He said getting straight to the point

"Safaree, it was a last minute thing" she said looking at him

"Yeah that's another thing, we're always last. Will you ever put your family first?"

"Don't even go there because I'm doing this for us"

"No, you're doing it for you. You don't do shit for us!!!"

Then there was a knock on the door. Aryanna walked in with her hair done and dressed in her pajamas. "Goodnight daddy" she kissed his cheek as she did every night and left the room acting as if Nicki was never there. That hurt her heart.

"Aryanna can we talk?" Nicki said walking into her bedroom. She didn't reply so Nicki was going to walk back out until she heard a sniffle. Aryanna was crying.

Nicki turned on the light then sat on the bed near her daughter and just rubbed her back.

"If you aren't going to stay why are you here" Aryanna asked threw her tears.

"You know I have to work"

"You don't have to work, dad can pay for everything. You just don't want to be around us" she shook her mothers hands off of her

"Aryanna, why are you so hurt"

"Because you hurt him! You left him when he needed you the most"

"Your father is a grown man, I'm sure he's fine."

"I'm talking about Ayden! He hasn't been the same these past years and he probably won't ever be. He's not like everyone else and there's only you to blame for it"

Nicki started to cry and Aryanna cried harder. "I don't think you understand, me and dad have the bond that you and Ayden once had but you left him. Dad loves Ayden and Ayden loves him but that love would never be the same so if you could just come back, not for me, not for dad, but for Ayden"