FINALLY

[ SB pov ]

        Me and Alyssa haven't been together for almost a month now and Nicki still isn't mine, idk I'm just nervous. How do I ask her? I feel so weird. We still hang out together all the time, only thing that's really changed is sex. Next time I have sex with her I want her to be mine and I know that for sure. We don't even kiss! Me and Lani going to play ball later so I should go over there now and see her for a little while.

[ no pov ]

        Nicki opened the door for Safaree and smiled. "I'm glad I caught you before I left. I wanna talk to you" she said welcoming him in the door. They sat on the opposite couch from on another and SB waited for her to speak. What Nicki didn't realize is that she was quiet for about 5 minutes just starring into space. SB was starring into her eyes, he couldn't believe how beautiful she looked. He waved his hands in her face "helllllooooo" he said.

"Get your hands out my face bafoon"

He laughed "okay your back but what's up? You had something on your mind?" Nicki was silent again. He was trying to push her to say how she felt.

"If you don't feel comfortable you don't have to tell me, I'll just see you later" SB said sadly getting up to go to the door. He felt Nickis arm pull his so he turn around and to his surprise she kissed him she pulled him back to the couch and started talking. SB starred into her eyes while she talked. He couldn't think about anything but her lips touching his again, it felt like such a long time since he felt like this. He knew he loved her and he knew they had to be together! After he daydreamed for about 5 minutes he noticed Nicki rambling on and on about NOTHING and he was tired of waiting.

        SB grabbed her face so they were looking eye to eye.

"I'm still your bestfriend, talk to me like I am" Nicki started to cry on SB's chest, SB couldn't figure out was was wrong so he just held her until he fell asleep too.

About an hour later Nicki whispered "SB carry me to the bathroom" in a cute little whining voice. Before he even opened his eyes from his nap he was on his way up the stairs with Nicki in his arms like a little baby. She looked at him and smiled, "what you pain in the butt?" He laughed,

"Safaree!"

He put her down and tried to walk back downstairs but Nicki grabbed his arm and pulled him into her room. She pushed him on the bed. 

          SB didn't know what to think. Nicki went and locked the door, he didn't want to have sex with her so he was confused.

"Nicki, I don't want to have sex right now..." she ignored him, "Nicki what are you doing?"

"Safaree just wait!" She paced around the room for a few minutes thinking of what to say until SB once again broke the silence.

"You don't have to do or say anything you don't mean, remember that"

Nicki laughed, "I swear you always think you teaching somebody something boy". SB side smiled and continued to sit on the bed. Nicki walked over and sat on his lap. She looked him in his eyes and took a deep breath. Then she said, "Don't make a sound til I'm finished". SB nodded his head. 

Nicki began " Okay , remember that day we met? I think about it everyday how we would hold hands under the table and always be partners so we would go work on projects at each others house. I miss those days before everything got complicated when I left you" she said getting sad and SB tried to cut in "Nicki..."

"Shut up Safaree", she interrupted. He smiled and nodded his head to tell her to go on.

" I don't wanna ruin this friendship! I can't loose you! You've been here since I can remember but I have feelings for you. Deep ass feelings Safaree, but I'm scared to loose the friendship. What if we only worked when we weren't offical?" She started to cry while his eyes got wide. He picked her up and held her close.

"Can I talk now?" Nicki smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Seriously, I've felt the same way, I just didn't wanna ruin the friendship. I think having you as a friend was easier than loosing you to my dumb ass feelings. But Onika......." She looked up at him as he trailed off. He laughed while he continued "You know whats funny? I've waited almost a month, thinking of what to say and how to say it and this whole time you felt the same way." This is where Nicki stopped listening she was more in her thoughts.

"Nicki, will you give us a chance?" Nicki never replied.

[ flashback ]

"Nicki, that boy really cares about you. I can tell"

"mom, he's my bestfriend!"

"which makes it even easier to love you...."

[ end of flashback ]

        Nicki though about her mothers words for a while before she went to sit next to Safaree again. She didn't know what to say so she just looked at him.

"Um... Faree?" She finally spoke up but he didn't move a muscle, "please talk to me", she wanted to say but her mouth was so dry and her mouth wouldn't open to speak. She saw a tear drop from his eye as he sat quietly looking at the floor. She lifted her hand to wipe his tear but he pulled away. SB has never been this mad at her, he never pushed her away but the fact that she turned him down after all he said really hurt him. He was only mad because he felt like her being silent meant she didn't feel the same way.

"Safaree, talk to me now". He glared in her direction then he yelled "I POURED MY HEART OUT AND YOU DIDN'T SAY A WORD SO DON'T TELL ME WHEN TO SPEAK ONIKA!"

        SB never yelled at her before only in a playful way but he used her first name so she knew he was serious. His yelling made her jump. Whenever she was scared she had him to run to but now she felt like she had nobody, she even thought she couldnt go to her own mom because she would just say 'I told you so'. She went over to SB and held him tight, he didn't say a word. 

SB's head was blank. He wasn't thinking anything or hearing anything, he was numb. His heart was broken, he wanted to go home but he couldn't move. Not because Nicki's grip was really tight but because his legs wouldn't move. SB didn't notice Nicki was holding him, he sat there lost and heartbroken. Nicki kissed his lips and kept saying sorry but he couldn't hear her. He couldn't hear anything. Then SB felt a cold wind and he was able to move again. He noticed he was crying and he tried to wipe the tears away. It's been 15 minutes since he talked or moved so when he did that Nicki turned to face him quickly. He said "Nicki I'm...." Before he finished she cut in "as long as your okay..." With that Nicki walked upstairs into her room and shut the door. She wanted to cry but she had no more tears left in her. 

        A few seconds later Nicki heard footsteps outside her door, she thought it was her mom and she really needed to talk so she ran and opened the door. It was SB and he pulled her in tight and wouldn't let go. "Safaree what's wrong?" She asked but she bearly got it out because her face was smushed against him. He didn't speak he just let go of her and walked over to her bed and sat down leaving her in the door way. She walked over looking at him sideways

".....Safaree....?"

"Yes ma'am?" he said with a smile. Then he patted the spot on the bed next to him so she would go sit. When she sat down she fell into his arms and told him that he scared her. To him it was the cutest thing ever. He hugged her then said, "I'll never yell at you again, I promise." He kissed her on the cheek and got up to use the bathroom. Nicki pulled his arm and said "Thats all I get?" Then she pulled him into a kiss that they both enjoyed until SB pulled away when he noticed her mom in the door way.

"Mom!" He said,

Nicki said "whoa playboy since when that's your mom?" They all laughed and her mom said "Since the day you two couldn't stay away from eachother in second grade" They both blushed then she continued,

"well don't mind me I just needed to use the bathroom."

Nicki looked at her and started laughing, "what about the one near your room"

"Onika I can pee where I please!" They all laughed and they both mouthed ' thank you ' to her at the same time. She smiled and walked away.

"Onika"

"Safaree" she gave him a dirty look while he laughed

"Will you be my girlfriend?"