Chapter 7: The Past

Sakusa was just sitting on the couch in the living room of the Miya residence. He was hardly even watching the movie, which was Lights Out. It was a good movie, he could admit, but he was caught up in his thoughts.

It wasn't until his phone buzzed that he was broken out of his stupor. He lazily fished it out of the pocket of his jeans and clicked it on, the light of his lockscreen almost blinding him for a moment.

He saw an Instagram notification on the screen and furrowed his brows.

Kurooster01, someone who you might know, is on Instagram.

Out of curiosity, Sakusa clicked the notification and typed in his password.

His phone opened to what looked to be Kuroo Tetsurou's profile. Sakusa rolled his eyes, because, to him, Kuroo was annoying enough without him and Bokuto being all over Atsumu all the time.

He was about to click out of the profile when his finger slipped and he accidentally refreshed the page.

Sighing as he waited for the page to refresh, he paused, realizing that there was a new post that was posted a few minutes prior.

Sakusa clicked the photo and waited for the video to load while he read the caption.

Kurooster01 @Funtime_Foxy07 And you say it's a while since you've been on the hoop last?🤨

The video finally finished loading and Sakusa's eyes drifted up to the screen, only to widen once he realized what it was.

It was none other than Miya Atsumu doing what looked to be the most dangerous dynamic aerial hoop routine in existence, and absolutely slaying it.

Sakusa turned up the volume enough to just about hear the song that was playing. It was When I R.I.P by Labyrinth, and it was only a thirty to sixty second routine, but Sakusa immediately realized that each and every move was perfectly on beat.

"Holy shit..." Sakusa murmured under his breath.

Lev raised an eyebrow, "What is it?" He asked, and looked over Sakusa's shoulder, "Damn, is that Atsumu??"

That caused Suna, who was snuggled into Osamu's side to look over, "What? Give me that," he commanded as he snatched Sakusa's phone out of his hands before the latter could protest.

Suna looked down at the screen, his face gaining an uncharacteristically shocked expression, "Hell, I chose the wrong twin," he exclaimed.

Osamu, who initially hadn't really been listening, snapped into paying attention upon hearing the words leave Suna's mouth, "'Scuse me?" He asked incredulously.

Suna rolled his eyes, a mischievous grin on his face, "Your brother," was all he said as he showed Osamu the screen.

Unexpectedly, Osamu's usually impassive expression broke into a wide smile and he chuckled, "I'm glad he's gettin' back into it," he commented.

Suna gave him a deadpan stare. At this point, the movie had been paused and they were all looking at Osamu expectantly.

Osamu sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "When Tsumu an' I were thirteen, our parents got divorced," he began, "That was 'cause Tsumu came out as pan an' I came out as bi, an' our dad was homophobic but our mom accepted us... So, we lived with our mom for 'bout four years, an' in that four years, our mom allowed Tsumu to follow his passions, a few of 'em bein' skateboardin', trapeze, aerial hoop, gymnastics, aerial silk, dancin', an' more... Tsumu's always been a bit of an adrenaline junky on top of bein' a really good artist," Osamu chuckled lightly before his smile melted, "An' in true Tsumu fashion, jus' like volleyball, he mastered 'em within those few years, but when mom was diagnosed with cancer in our first year at our old high school, Tsumu gave up most of his hobbies in favor of helpin' her... An' then, when she died at the beginnin' of second year, we were transferred to Inarizaki an' sent to our dad, an'-"

Osamu choked up, and it was only then that Suna, Sakusa and Lev realized that he'd started crying, "Fuck... I'm sorry, guys... It's jus'- The things he did to Tsumu for havin' hobbies an' a sense of style that were considered as 'feminine'... Tsumu still has the fuckin' scars for cryin' out loud!" He exclaimed, and Suna grabbed his hand to intertwine their fingers, "For the past year, Tsumu an' I have been tryna get outta that house... We made a case against our dad. We collected evidence over the period of six months, took him to court, an' we won. That's why we were studyin' online for the latter half of last year. He got sent to prison three months ago, an' Tsumu an' I were old enough, so we sold our mom's old house an' then claimed this house an' moved in 'cause we inherited it from our mom... Now that we're free, he's finally gettin' back into his old hobbies," Osamu finished with a soft smile.

Sakusa, Suna and Levjust sat there in stunned silence, but it wasn't long before Suna spoke first, "So that's why you wouldn't let me meet your parents... Why didn't you tell us?" He whispered.

Osamu shook his head, "I didn't think I could... Tsumu had been in therapy for a while to help him through everythin' our father did to him... His friends helped...a lot," he chuckled, "They were the only ones besides the dean an' the university counselors that knew 'cause Tsumu needed 'em the most. They got him through what me an' the professionals couldn't, an' they were able to keep up with him an' all his unconventional hobbies."

Suna, Sakusa, and Lev understood why Osamu felt like he couldn't tell them, but Sakusa still felt a bit guilty that Osamu was going through all of that and he didn't know. His cousin knew for crying out loud.

He knew that Suna must have felt the same way, but he could see it on his face that the brunette understood Osamu's reasoning as well.

Osamu handed Sakusa's phone back and Sakusa watched the video one more time before he liked it and clicked follow.

He then began to type out a comment while Osamu unpaused the movie.

Seeing some of the art pieces that Atsumu posted on his Instagram, along with the massive smile on his face when he was around his friends made Sakusa think that maybe he should apologize for being an asshole and try harder to get to know Atsumu.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kdiforbxulatv- Weee

Anygays, bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -