𝟐𝟓. Bloodlust

THERE ISN'T A lot of time to think things through

THERE ISN'T A lot of time to think things through. This is, quite literally, do or die. And Noor had her fair share of death for the day.

"Well, the situation is dire enough," she tells Zagreus, pushing her sleeves up. "Is there any way to resist the urge to kill everyone with the Armour on?"

Zagreus stares at her, afraid of where this is going. "Okay, that's not everyone, only those who deserve this. Even then, you would need your whole willpower. And if you're planning on going after Harrow without killing him because of the Bloodlust, the chance is close to zero."

She shrugs. "No idea what you mean. I have no resentment against Harrow for actively ripping my heart out by killing Marc and Steven."

"Noor?"

Noor whirls around with wide eyes, ready to fight in case the person saying her name is in fact on Harrow's side. She's really not.

"Layla?"

The two women hug each other with laughs of disbelief. "I didn't think I'd see you again," Layla tells her. "When I left, you were..." She doesn't want to say traumatised or scary to see, but Noor can guess she didn't look good. "Did you do it? Did you bring them back?"

Noor feels a bottomless pit in her stomach and the pain of the hollow soulmate bond, but shakes her head to snap out of it. "Supposedly. Marc should be doing a clever thing, or I'm going back to tear the whole place down."

Layla gets flashes of Knight Mare, and nods, swallowing thickly. "I believe you." Then, she frowns. "I got messages from Taweret? Telling me to come free Khonshu."

"Yes, I beat you to it." Noor puts her hands on Layla's shoulder, searching for her gaze. "Listen, Layla, you need to get out of here with as many Avatars as you can. It's about to get real bad."

"What do you mean?" she asks immediately, concerned.

Zagreus steps up, frowning just as much as her. "Yeah, what do you mean?"

"Harrow freed Ammit," she says. "Until Moon Knight gets here, we have to buy them some time, which means..." She trails off, but the flash of fear in Layla's eyes makes her think that she got her point across. "Just save as many people as you can."