𝟐𝟗. Hollowed Knight

ZAGREUS IS ON borrowed time

ZAGREUS IS ON borrowed time. He knows this, he knows he has to act fast before the Last Breath draws his life force. He's also going out on a limb hoping to gods that any of the stupid humans he's trying so hard to save found a way to trap her or kill her. He really doesn't care if they end up killing her – or Harrow for that matter – he just doesn't want Noor to be the one to do it.

He hates to admit it. Really, he does, but there's something about having his powers again... sensing them coursing through his veins... It's exciting. Almost dizzying. He doesn't even know how he made it through a decade without them.

Because of the Bloodlust, yes, but it's gone now. He can't feel it. He doesn't have the urge to kill everything that moves, no matter if he can sense how bad they are. Though, he has to admit, if he had more time, he would turn around and get to Harrow.

He is still a god at heart. A puny, vengeful god, even if his motives are now all Noor, he can't help the worst aspects that come with living forever. Human lives are so short, no one should be stupid enough by risking theirs and hurting those he loves.

Though, Ammit is hundreds and millennias of years old, and she's still stupid enough to go after Noor. That should tell you all you need to know about her.

"You've made a mistake," Zagreus cries out, remaining in his normal form and screaming up at the gods. "I'll only warn you once. Ammit, disappear while you still have the chance."

He says it with such phlegm that for a moment, she wonders if he's serious. "Disappear?" she repeats, baffled. "But I am winning."

Zagreus doesn't feel like giving her another chance. "Suit yourself."

Projecting Shadows had always been his forte, that and ruthless murder, but he's less quick on admitting that, as it tends to throw people off.

Corporeal shadows shoot out of his hands, gracefully swirling around Ammit, holding her in place as Khonshu gets up, picking his sceptre up in slight shame that another god would help him.

Cold seeps through Ammit's bones, freezing so much that it burns, keeping her pinned in place. Her efforts at breaking free are almost laughable.