𝟐𝟔. Rise And Live Again

ZAGREUS HATES BEING away from Noor

ZAGREUS HATES BEING away from Noor. He knows that with his powers, she can handle herself. He knows that there was a reason why he didn't stop her when she was pinning Harrow to the ground.

But this is a god fight, and she is still, at heart, that girl he saw in London for the first time, crying on a park bench.

However, if there was one thing that little girl was, it was stubborn. There was no way she would have let him stay with her if she needed to make sure that Steven and Marc were alive and well. And that Khonshu wasn't going to manipulate them, again.

Yes, he knows, he's one to talk about manipulation. Everything he used to do was for himself, but now, there's nothing he wouldn't do for her. He considers it growth.

However, years of being joined at the hip can only lead to abandonment issues and the very unsettling that he doesn't belong in any place she isn't in. Though, Noor is currently fighting a whole god and her Knight right now. Time to get a bit of perspective.

Finding Marc and Steven might have been tricky if Khonshu wasn't involved. Zagreus can sense the old bird from miles away, luckily enough.

He's standing over a dune, near the exit of Alexander the Great's tomb, waiting for Marc who's making his way towards him.

Well, now is the time for Khonshu to see his absolutely dazzling smirk. He's sure Marc and Steven missed him.

Khonshu doesn't look impressed when he appears next to him. "God of Rebirth."

"Khonshu Fried Chicken."

If he had eyes, he'd be closing them in annoyance. Truly, this similarity between the god and his Knight was slowly getting on his bird nerves.

"I see you've made yourself visible to us," he says, and Zagreus holds his tongue. "The situation may be dire indeed."

"Yeah, it's pretty fucked up," he ironises, deliberately using slang to throw him off. "It's fucked up that my Knight was so worried over you manipulating her soulmates that she'd send me here instead of having someone around to look out for her."