𝟏𝟎. Gods Work In Mysterious Ways

DENIAL ISN'T ETERNAL, and Noor has to face back reality and take it head first

DENIAL ISN'T ETERNAL, and Noor has to face back reality and take it head first. Zagreus is MIA, Harrow's not going to be stopped by the gods, and apparently, Khonshu likes to torture Marc by hinting at him choosing Noor as his Knight – his Avatar. Clearly, something's wrong with all these gods.

"Better?" Marc asks, rubbing her back.

She nods, and parts from him, sniffling and wiping her eyes. "Yeah, sorry about that. Like, 20 minutes ago I was rolled up in my bed, I think my nerves are trying to give me a message. They're going on a strike."

His lips tremble, holding back a smile, before he lets her go. The bond feels cold for a second, but they choose to ignore it. "Come on," he says. "I found our guy."

She follows him through the crowd, realising quickly that she is not dressed for the occasion, her jumper almost stifling her with the heat. She really did not think one bit of this through.

She watches as he approaches a sugar cane juice vendor, a polite smile on his face. "I'll take one," he says.

Noor wonders if she has to remind him of their impending doom or if she should just let him enjoy his juice for a moment. Of course, that is if he was buying juice at all.

"Perfect, one sir," the vendor says, taking a plastic bag and placing it below the juice fountain he was carrying. "Best juice ever in the world!"

She's about to say something, really, because what is he doing?, but then Marc leans forward to whisper in the guy's ear, "We're looking for Senfu's sarcophagus."

The vendor slowly straightens up, considering Marc, then Noor, who offers a small smile just as Marc loses his. "Senfu?" He nods.

The guy walks away without another word. Noor blinks. "Well, that was embarrassing."

Marc huffs. "Weren't you in your socks 5 minutes ago?"

"We've moved past it."

"I haven't."

Noor can't help the small chuckle that escapes her lips, still compulsively wiping her eyes even if the tears have stopped. Banter. She can do banter.

"I hope you like attention."