𝟐𝟐. Boulevard Of Broken Things

THEY DON'T STEP onto the boat

THEY DON'T STEP onto the boat. In fact, for a second, it seems like they're pretty much wandering down the streets until Noor looks around, frowning.

"Hold on. That's London." They stop, and she nods. "Yeah, that's..."

Zagreus nods slowly in recognition. "That's the Boulevard," he says.

The Boulevard where he found her, where she found him, and where she bumped into Steven. Really, this place does it all.

"Sorry," Noor lets out. "I guess I must have thought about it when Marc mentioned meeting Steven, let's just keep going."

They do, and they should have kept walking. Gods, Zagreus wishes they would have just kept walking. He didn't even realise what it was, or when it was.

Let alone that this wasn't Noor's memory, but that it was his.

She stops again, abruptly, and he bumps into her. "What is it?"

She just shakes her head, and points towards something. "Who's this?"

Behind Marc and Steven who stopped ahead of us, he can see himself, years ago, in a screaming match with a man, taller than him, more intimidating, everything that Zagreus ever was but more.

Slowly, Zagreus realises that this won't end well. Either he gets Noor out of there right now, or he won't ever talk to her again.

He takes her arm. "Let's go."

"Woah, slow down!" she cries out, yanking her arm away, making enough of a fuss that Steven and Marc step forward. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing," he says, but his voice is shaking. "We're losing precious time, we have to go."

"What is going on?" He tries to grab her again, but she steps back, looking at him with a frown. "You're hiding something."

He scoffs, clearly panicking. "Of course not!"

"Then why won't you let me in?" she cries back at him.

"Oh, fucking hell, well it's not important, is it?"