𝟐𝟕. God Of Rebirth

ZAGREUS WAS THE one to come up with the idea of a Last Breath

ZAGREUS WAS THE one to come up with the idea of a Last Breath. One last chance to prove themselves before their untimely death. It warranted him the title of God of Rebirth that he used to hold so dear, before the Curse, before the Bloodlust.

Nowadays, he has Noor. Noor is always renewing herself, evolving before his eyes, becoming the woman she always wished to be. She'd say that it was thanks to him, for being there all this time, and he'd brush it off.

But as he looks at her, standing up straight and ready for anything, he finds himself proud of being the one who helped her. Finds himself hoping that the title of God of Rebirth still held some sense.

Across from them, Harrow stands up with difficulty. "What happened to him?" Layla asks, staring at his bloody face.

"I did," Noor simply says.

Steven thinks, going by Marc's soft screeches in his head, that it's a good thing he's the one fronting.

Noor gets her blade, and he starts smiling in very misplaced excitement. "Hey, I'm really jazzed about showing you these new skill sets we have."

Zagreus can't help but huff. "Seems like Marc was very jazzed about showing his own skill set."

Noor tries her best not to choke the god. Not that she could in the first place, but the need is very much there. She pats Steven's back, putting the red scarf that comes with her cape all the way up her nose. "Okay, show me what you got, big boy."

He immediately summons his mask, and takes out two batons from behind his back. He charges forward, Layla unfolding her wings, and flying, taking one side. Knight Mare twirls her blade and settles on taking the left side.

As expected, Zagreus' ability turns her into a killing machine. But Zagreus is transfixed as he watches her. He could practically feel the way she held back. Her punches don't have enough strength to knock their teeth out or shatter the bone. Her blade swifts through the wind with a clear chime, slashing the skin of enemies to incapacitate them long enough for her to get what she wants. But never killing them.

He was never able to do that. He doesn't know if it's because the Curse had always been there, so much that he never knew what being normal meant, or if Noor has so much willpower that it's able to deflect it, especially when fighting the people who went after her soulmate. Maybe a bit of both.