𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊: Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

THE DAY NOOR found Zagreus, it was raining

THE DAY NOOR found Zagreus, it was raining. It was also her birthday, but it really didn't feel like it. She had been crying for a while too, but she couldn't remember how long, sitting on that bench on a Boulevard she couldn't remember the name of. She had been crying probably too long, probably her whole life, she wasn't sure.

Zagreus wasn't looking too good himself. Taking in the fact that his sister Macaria just killed him – she had his blessing, it's okay – finding himself suddenly in the middle of London was a tiny bit... confusing. See, when Gods happen to, well, get killed, they aren't supposed to, well, die. They're promised an eternal life in the fields of Elysium – that Zagreus considers as entirely overhyped – with the other fallen Gods, and all that idealistic shit. Elysium is empty. No mortal has been deemed good enough to get there. It's all just a prank pulled on them.

Still, no Elysium for Zagreus, the God of Rebirth, when it should have. He is a God, Elysium is promised to him. He realized that being the butt of the joke isn't all that fun. Even then; there should have been something. Anything! Tartarus, the Asphodel Meadows if he was lucky enough, but no. Nothing after death. Emptiness. And that terrified him.

So there he stood. London, Earth. Around 5 in the afternoon. And it's raining.

He knew that Death wasn't supposed to just happen to him. He knew about the Death Gods being tethered to humans to remain on a plane of existence after their supposed death. He just didn't know which one was his Knight. The one tethered to him.

The link had nothing to do with the Soulmate Bond. The Knights didn't even know that they had a Greek God connected to them. It was something decided long before they were born – coming from a lineage of fierce warriors that devoted their lives to their Gods. Fierce, mighty warriors that gave their lives for them.

Long story short, Zagreus had no idea why Noor Dhawan was his Knight. And Noor was half-convinced she was having a stroke. The rest, as they say, is history.

 The rest, as they say, is history