𝟏𝟒. How To Desecrate A Tomb Step By Step

STEVEN FALLS HEAVILY on the ground next to Noor, groaning in pain

STEVEN FALLS HEAVILY on the ground next to Noor, groaning in pain. Noor turns to him, helping him up with narrowed eyes. "Did Marc push you?"

Steven grumbles but doesn't answer. It's Zagreus who, out of breath, between two laughs, blurts out. "He punched himself... in the face!"

Noor huffs, less amused than him. "'Course he did."

"I wish you hadn't seen that," Steven remarks while she dusts him off.

She pats his cheek. "It's okay. You're very pretty when you fall."

He makes a face at her, before looking above her head, eyes slowly widening. "Oh wow, look at you."

Noor whirls around, and discovers the statue of a panther, deteriorated by time. Layla nods, as excited as him. "Oh yeah. They're... Gorgeous, aren't they? They're just like... Been standing guard for centuries."

"Right?" Steven enthuses. "Look, I can't even..." He doesn't end his sentence, just excitedly looking around. "So, if they just sprang to life right now and asked me a riddle for passage, I'd be thrilled."

Noor pats his back. "Good for you. I'd shit myself." Zagreus snorts.

"Yeah I'd shit myself too, but I'd be thrilled!"

She chortles, detaching himself from him and wandering around in what seems to be some sort of old lobby. She notices a drawing in the sand, and points at it, concerned. "Someone's definitely been here before."

Layla turns, alarmed, but her face relaxes. "No, that's me. It's for my father. He would've loved to be here."

Zagreus makes a face. "Good relationship with her father. Can't relate."

Steven tilts his head to the side, interested. "Oh yeah? Big history buff, is he?"

"So much worse," she says. "Archaeologist on a mission."

"Like Indiana Jones," Noor breathes out, marvelled.

Layla chuckles. "Yeah."

She leads them inside a corridor, and it becomes crystal clear that an old Egyptian tomb involves light only coming from their flashlights, and no windows. Which is not at all triggering her anxiety.