chapter one // mischief

"LETS GO!" I panted as I ran as fast as my feet would carry me. "ATLAS COME ON"

We were running for dear life away from the school that I may have accidentally sat on fire.

Let me take you back to how I got myself in this mess.

[ 8 hours earlier ]

"Come on it'll be fun!" I playfully punched my best friends arm.

His deep green eyes glared at me, "Remember what happened last time you said 'it would be fun'. " he mocked.

"Oh come on At, it was only a week in juvie." I rolled my eyes.

"It felt like a lifetime!" He exclaimed throwing his arms up exasperated.

"I promise I won't let myself get carried away. I just want to get her back." I pouted.

He gave me a 'you're crazy if you think I'm going to believe that' look.

"Pinky." I held out my pinky for him to connect too.

"Oh my God fine, but you're telling me your plans ahead of time." He connected his pinky with mine.

"She humiliated me At! You can't expect me to sit here and take it."

A few weeks ago, a demon spawn by the name of Eva put Ipecac syrup (a syrup that makes you puke uncontrollably) in my water right before a school wide presentation. I puked in the middle of it, all over the stage, in front of the ENTIRE SCHOOL, and it didn't stop there, I was puking for the rest of the day. My mom had to come get me and take me to the hospital.

"Well you could be the bigger person." He smirked, trying to hold in his laughter.

I threw my empty water bottle at his head. "That sounds a lot like taking defeat my friend, and I, Athena Black, refuse to roll over and take it."

"Oh really? I can recall a few stories where you did exactly that." He raised his eyebrows.

"You-." I now threw my wallet at his head. "Aren't you forbidden of having sex thoughts."

"I'm getting real sick and tired of your asexual jokes Athena." He laughed and chucked my wallet back at me.

"And I'm getting sick of your gay jokes." I rolled my eyes.

"Fair." He came and sat down on the bench beside me, "Anyways, we got off track, what's your plan?"

"Oh yeah! Sweet sweet revenge." I clasped my hands together.

"You're an idiot."

"And you can't go 24 hours without me so what does that say about you." I deadpanned. "Anyways, my plan involves getting into her locker so we're going to need to sneak into the school tonight."

"No way! Nope. Absolutely not." He hastily shut down my plans.

"ATLAS! She could've killed me." I huffed.

"You're so fucking dramatic. What do you need with her locker?"

An evil smirk twisted at the ends of my mouth, "Well I do recall her being squeamish at the sight of bugs in science class."

"Athena." He said sternly carrying the 'a'.

"I just want to put a few in her locker! No real harm done!" I put my hands up.

"Okay that is kind of genius. I'm back on board."

"Awesome." I clapped. "Now where do we find crickets."