55 | so scarlet, it was maroon

LYDIA
___________________________

I was inside my closet, secretly packing my bag. I didn't plan on bringing much. Enzo and I had plenty of money to buy necessities on the way. I started packing the second that Enzo left, but stopped when I heard someone enter my room.

"Are you alright, love?" Dallas's voice sounded even more painful in my ears when I realized that I was going to have to be affectionate with him for two entire days. "Yes, yes. I'm fine." I said, hiding my suitcase underneath some clothes before getting up. "Why are you in your closet?" He asked.

"I organize my room when I'm upset. It helps." I said, and it honestly wasn't a lie. That's why my room was always so tidy, I was upset a lot of the time. "How come you're upset? Did your friend deliver bad news?" Dallas asked, grabbing onto my hand, gently pulling me out of the closet.

"He wasn't my friend, I just said that so mother would let him into the house," I confessed, not blinking for several moments to help myself form tears in my eyes. "That was Enzo, my boyfriend. We erhm.. we just broke up.." I whispered, looking to my side, sniffing softly. It was working.

"And it was time to. I'm proud of you for getting it done so early, Lydia." Dallas smiled, taking my jaw into his hand, turning my face back to him. I wanted to puke but forced myself to look at him as if I was realizing he was the love of my life. "Our relationship wasn't as good as I thought. He wasn't good for me anymore.." I lied.

Dallas stepped closer to me with a satisfied grin on his face. "You're a good girl, Lydia. It was so unnecessary to go through all the trouble of rejecting me when you knew perfectly well that this is real." He said, brushing his thumb over my lips. I wanted to whack him over the head. "I know, I'm so sorry. I've been so cruel.." I said.

"Oh, it's all alright, sweetheart. I'm not angry." He grinned, snaking an arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I gasped softly, mostly because I wanted to push him away and go cry in the bathroom. "Just give your love to me and all will be well." He whispered, leaning into my face.

Please, don't kiss me.

He kissed me. Dallas pulled me so close that I couldn't move away, not even if I would try. This was a tragedy— kissing him back. But it had to be done. Only two more days of doing this before I could start the life I have always dreamed of.

I grabbed him by his shirt to 'show' that I was into it. All I had to do was a small make out session. No touching, and absolutely no sex. I wouldn't go that far to convince him. Dallas sure was enjoying it, because he stepped back and made us fall onto the bed. Dear lord, please save me.

He cursed and groaned as he pulled me closer and kissed me harder. He put his hand on my waist, sliding it underneath my shirt so he could feel the warmth of my body. I played with his hair and fiddled with the buttons of his shirt, but kept them done. No undressing.

He slid his tongue into my mouth and I moaned to keep him satisfied. The kiss wasn't disgusting, but I still pictured Enzo in my mind to keep myself from vomiting. Dallas hands were on my waist— then in my hair, then my thighs. "I can't wait to be married to you.." He laughed breathlessly.

I forced myself to giggle, even when my heart stopped for a moment when he rolled over on top of me. "I'll make you the happiest girl in the world.." He said, kissing down to my neck. I seriously doubted his words, even if we were never even going to get married anyway. "I know.." I lied.