18 | return to hell

I showered while he was gone, still shaking. My mind was now so foggy from what happened that I wasn't even sure what day it was.

I picked out an oversized shirt to wear with simple black underwear. No shorts, because I didn't feel like wearing them. I figured that Draco was showering too, because it was taking him a bit longer to come back. Either way, even if he did I still hadn't figured out what to say to him.

The storm hit, and the sight of the lightning was beautiful and terrifying at the same time. I closed my curtains, hearing my phone ring out of nowhere. Maybe Enzo needed something. He added everyone's number to my phone in case of emergencies, he called quite often, despite being a few doors away from me.

I grabbed my phone off my nightstand, suprised to see a random number on the screen instead of Enzo's name. Unnecessary shivers went down my spine. Maybe this was nothing. Leo already had my location, so tracking me had no use.

I picked up, holding the phone against my ear. "Hello, who is this?" I said, lighting some candles with a charm. "Hey, there." A voice I knew all too well came through the phone. Real shivers went down my back this time, but I also balled my hand into a fist. I was angry.

"What do you want, Leo?" I hissed, pacing around my room like a maniac. "I want to make a deal." He said in his usual low and calm voice. I laughed in disbelief. "A deal? Fuck off.."

"Shall I make this a bit scarier for you, sweetie?" He said. I gasped in horror when something fell to the floor behind me. I turned around, seeing glass scattered over the floor. How the fuck—

"Either you listen to me, or all of your friends will be dead by the end of the week."

It felt like my throat had started to close. Hanging up on him would only cause more trouble. "You have two days to learn Occlumency. I don't care how you do it, just make sure that Malfoy won't be able to read your mind anymore." Leo spoke. I flinched from the loud thunder outside, sitting down on my bed, shaking my head. This couldn't be true..

Learning Occlumency was already new to me. But learning it in two days?

"It's Saturday in two days, the day that you and your friends usually go out. Go with them." Leo said. His voice grew darker the more he spoke. "When you receive a text from me, you'll tell them you have to go to the bathroom, then you'll come with me without struggling. If you don't, my men will shoot your friends and everyone else in that bar without hesitating." He said slowly.

I held my hand on my heart, feeling it ache under my palm. "If anything goes wrong in those two days, I'll know, and you'll be in very big trouble. I know everything, I'm always one step ahead. Don't try to outsmart me." He said.

Leo didn't deserve to hear my sobs, but I wasn't able to stop them. I'd only just escaped, I didn't want to go back. I have a feeling we won't win this time.

"I wish I was with you so I could dry your tears, love. But I'll make you the happiest girl in the world, I promise." Leo spoke again, but his words didn't even reach me anymore. I felt myself sinking into a panic attack, and that wasn't good timing at all. My breaths weren't reaching my lungs completely and I was losing awareness of my surroundings.

"Don't mess anything up. I'll see you soon, darling." He said, then finally hung up. I threw my phone onto the bed, holding my hand on my mouth while walking to the bathroom. Within a second I was hanging over the toilet, throwing up every thing I ate during dinner, tears streaming down my face. I wasn't okay, none of this was okay.

I had two days left with Draco. After that I might never see him again, or alive at least. This was all my fault. If I hadn't called Leo when he gave me his number, everything would be fine.