4 | I got wasted like all my potential

It didn't matter what Enzo told me, I still ignored Malfoy that next morning.

How was I supposed to handle all this sudden attention and care?

I felt closer to Enzo than I did to anyone in that house. I knew he wanted to tell me the truth, but he couldn't because of Malfoy, and it wasn't exactly his place to tell. When my second self defense practice started, the tension in the room was thick.

If I was able to murder Malfoy, I would've done it the second he showed me that cocky smirk.

We'd been practicing for an hour already, and it felt like it was getting slightly easier.

"You're getting a hand of it already." Enzo grinned, blocking my punches, that were apparently quite good. "Yeah?" I panted, almost successfully punching Enzo because he was a bit too late with blocking it. "Oh, yeah.." Enzo grinned.

Malfoy was sitting grumpily on the armchair, his index finger brushing over his lips. Not that I was watching him— I just noticed.

I laughed at Enzo, now successfully avoiding his attempt to grab my arm. He chuckled, blocking the kick I tried to give him. Enzo's name was suddenly being called from downstairs. I thought it was Ezra. "Go." Malfoy said sternly to him.

My laugh died away, and I got annoyed instead. "Be right back." Enzo said to me, leaving the room quickly. "Can you take me on?" Malfoy said to me, slowly getting up from the chair. "I don't know, boss. Can I?" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Maybe I had a good excuse to punch him in his face.

He tilted his head, walking towards me. "I know you're still angry. Take it out on me. Anger works like magic in fights." He said, towering over me. I swallowed thickly. "I wouldn't waste my anger on you." I said meanly, grinning.

"Is that so?" He said, then grabbed my wrist just in time when I raised my arm. He pulled me towards him, our chests crashing together. "Your body language tells me something different." He said, looking down at me. Now I wanted to punch him even more. "Fuck you.." I whispered.

He grinned just to piss me off even more, releasing his grip on my wrist. "Aren't you gonna hit me?" He asked. I ran a hand through my hair, laughing. "For real this time, or just for practice? Because the first option is becoming tempting." I said.

"So much anger inside of you.." He smirked. I groaned in frustration, raising my hand to hit him. Malfoy grabbed my wrist, pulled me towards him, then spun me around. He grabbed my other wrist too, holding them on my stomach while my back was pressed up against his chest.

"You know.." He panted into my ear. "You'd feel so much better if you'd just accept my help."

It didn't matter if he was right or not. He was a pain in my ass already after only knowing him for three days. "I don't need you or your help." I hissed, struggling to get out of his grip. "And if I remember correctly, I asked you to stop talking to me."

I could feel his breath on my hair, sending shivers down my spine. "Enzo's bringing your ex here tomorrow. If you want to kill him like you said you would, you're gonna have to know how." Malfoy said. I looked down at my hands, seeing and feeling him stroke his thumb slowly over my wrist.

"It's not so hard to just slit his throat if you tie him up." I said, panicking inside when I thought about seeing Riley again. "We don't kill people that easily. It has to be painfully slow. Especially after what he did to you." Malfoy said.

"Then Enzo will teach me." I said stubbornly. Maybe I did want Malfoy's help, but I also wanted him to lose his mind because of my behavior and just confess the truth to me to make me be nice again. "No, he won't. I will." Malfoy said.