25 | come out and haunt me

DRACO
______________________

It's day 4 after she was taken from me. I'm having my first meal in two days. Everyone's staring at me. I know what they're thinking. "Our strong leader turned into a depressed fool because his girl was taken by our biggest rival."

My whole body was aching, it was much more than just pain in my heart from losing the one I love. I slept two hours last night and had about three nightmares about her being tortured. I fell asleep in her bed, hoping to feel comforted by the space but it only made the hole on my chest feel emptier because she wasn't there with me.

"You can stop staring at me now." I said out loud, staring at my plate. "We're not staring, Draco. We're worried about you." Enzo speaks. I wish everyone would take their eyes off me already, I wasn't enjoying all the attention. Enzo leans in closer to me. "You're not the only one who feels like this. We miss her too." He says softly.

It's not the same, I want to tell him.
She was the only one who made me feel human after being portrayed as a monster for years. She was the only one who loved both my good and bad sides and the one who made me laugh again.

"We have to find a way." Ezra said, and I almost feel like punching him again. "We will. I'll arrange a meeting today so we can talk about it." Enzo said, then looked back at me. "Will you be joining us?"

I shake my head. They weren't going to be able to do anything anyway. There was just no hope.

HER
________________________

Dear Draco,

It's day 4 in this hell. He finally allowed me to write again, even though he's now sitting two feet away from me, watching me closely. Things are bad again, like really bad. I'm covered in wounds and red marks, and it hurts.

I tried to escape. I guess I can say it didn't turn out so well. He's been angry with me ever since. He doesn't leave me alone anymore. He feeds me, sleeps with me, showers with me and barely takes his eyes off me. I'm not my own person anymore. He claims that he loves me, but the injuries on my body say otherwise. He doesn't know what love is.

I wonder if you're looking for me. I wonder every single day what you're doing and what you're thinking about. Do you miss me as much as I miss you? I hope not, because if you do, you're in agonizing pain all the time. There's a hole in my chest that Leo can't fill. He tries to, but my body just resists, my heart resists.

My heart resisted everyone, except you. And I can say this now without stuttering because I'm not talking directly to you. You'll never read this and I'll never see you again. But right now I'd even face my fears of talking about my feelings if that means I'd be back in your arms by morning.

I wish I could know what your future plans were. You wanted to tell me, but never got the chance.

I miss you,
Your darling

I close my notebook, pretending not to see Leo's eyes on me. "Will you ever let me read it?" He asked me. I'm already suprised he hasn't read it already. I shook my head, fiddling with my hands. I shiver from the cold but I'm too exhausted to pull the sheets over my body.

"I know you're still upset about what I did, but what you did was much worse." He said. I don't even answer. I don't have the energy, and I know he'll never let me win an argument anyway. "Bad behavior follows punishment. That's a rule I make with everyone I work with." He said.