30 | the easy way out

HER
_________________________

I barely slept. Draco had to comfort me after having three nightmares in a row. This was stupid, so fucking insane. Why was I still having nightmares if I was safe and sound back in his arms?

During breakfast, everyone was staring at me again like the first day I came here. "So.." Enzo sighed, breaking the uncomfortable silence. "How are you feeling?" He asked me with a soft smile.

"I'm okay." I lied with a small grin, drinking water instead of eating. "She nearly died, idiot. How do you think she's feeling?" Theo said, hitting Enzo at the back of his head. "Nearly is not completely." Blaise said. Draco turned his head and glared at them. "Behave yourselves." He said sternly.

I managed to smile. Everything was just so perfect again, but I wasn't feeling perfect. There was something seriously wrong with me. "How did you guys find me?" I asked. I needed distraction from my own thoughts, and talking to them was exactly what would help me. They exchanged looks.

"So, long story.." Theo chuckled. "We went back to the bar. One of Wilson's men was there. Draco read his mind, found out that they were still staying at that house. We went there, climbed in through a broken window. Shot four of them, kidnapped one. Tortured him until he told us where you were. Easy peasy." Theo grinned.

I widened my eyes, looking at Draco. They got themselves into way too much danger for me. "You brought yourself into serious danger. What if they killed you?" I said, now looking around the table. "Well, they didn't. We had to do something." Enzo said to me. I couldn't believe it.

"Why was that window broken? Do you know that?" Theo asked me. Of course I knew, that day was engraved in my mind. "Yeah, I broke it. Long story." I sighed, feeling a weight press down on my chest the second I mentioned it.

"Weren't you going to Italy in a month or something? I didn't understand that part." Blaise asked. Talking about it was relieving and disturbing at the same time, but keeping my feelings to myself was worse. "He wanted to go there to get married, change our names and all the fun stuff." I chuckled weakly, playing with my food.

"Married?" Theo squealed. "Did this guy suffer from mental disorders or something? Jesus.."

I managed to laugh again, because that was exactly what I asked myself several times. "Okay, wait. So you said that he lied about his name? Why?" Ezra spoke up suddenly, adjusting himself in his seat. This story was the most interesting of all, and probably the most shocking.

"Leo is his middle name. Carson is his first name," I said, clearing my throat. "Riddle is his last name." Looks were immediately being exchanged, so I started explaining Leo's backstory. Once I was done, they were all pretty speechless.

"I knew that insanity came from somewhere." Theo said, clapping his hands together as if he'd accomplished something. I flinched from the sudden noise, immediately embarrassed by my own weakness. Draco was staring down at his plate, and I knew why. Leo killed his parents and he knew.

I was feeling sick to my stomach. I was so glad to be back but nothing was the way I wanted it to be. If only I wasn't so damaged this would be better. "Excuse me.." I said, getting up from the table, leaving the dining room.

I raced up to my room, shutting the door behind me. The first thing I noticed were two items on my desk.
My notebook and my necklace.. Enzo must've taken them from the cabin. I walked towards them, clasping the locket back around my neck.