42 | the day I died

WARNING
Some scenes could be seen as disturbing.
________________________

The rest of the guys were moving out today, and Draco was helping them. He had loads to do. Clean their rooms, rearrange their rooms, all of that crap. It did feel kind of nice that I'd just be living with my friends from now on.

But when night fell, he still wasn't done. Draco had told me to wait for him before I went to sleep, and I wasn't planning on doing anything else. I was absolutely terrified to go to sleep.

I'd been pacing through Draco's room for ten minutes and fourty seconds now, checking the time constantly. It was almost midnight, and I could still hear the shuffling of boxes and the footsteps upstairs. I felt bad for Draco that he felt such pressure to finish everything now. He had plenty of time tomorrow, but he didn't want to wait.

He said that he wouldn't be able to sleep while knowing that it's a mess upstairs.

Maybe I could try to sleep, just with a little bit of help? I'm sure that Draco kept some sleeping pills somewhere in the house. I went downstairs, smiling at some of the guys that were packing their bags, the front door open while loading up their car.

"Do you guys have any sleeping pills?" I asked when I entered the kitchen. Ezra was there talking to Aaron and Kieran, who were about to leave. "No, I don't think so. No one really uses them. Wait— give me a second.." Ezra answered. He held both Aaron and Kieran shortly in his arms, and I smiled at them before they left the room.

"Can't sleep?" Ezra asked, while I fiddled with the hem of my shirt, my hands shaky. "I haven't tried yet. Draco's still cleaning upstairs, but I'm exhausted and I'm too scared to even lay down in bed for some reason." I laughed nervously.

"Don't be embarrassed, I understand." Ezra said, taking a cup out of the cabinet. "Do you have something better than sleeping pills?" I asked with a smile, while I watched him fill the kettle with water. "It won't work the same, but it'll ease your anxiety. Lavender and chamomile tea works wonders."

I shivered, the open front door allowing all the cold to enter the house. "I think I'll just stay awake until Draco's done," I said, looking anxiously around me even though I knew Leo wasn't just gonna enter the kitchen. "I don't want to sleep alone."

"He's a workaholic. What if he's still busy at three am?" Ezra asked, placing the kettle on the hot stove. "I'll stay awake then." I said determinedly, even though I was so exhausted that I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. I was so tired because I've been sleeping so terribly these days.

"That's not healthy, Y/N. You need to sleep." Ezra said worriedly. I nodded. "I know, but I can't. I'll just stay awake for one night, Draco will be with me again after that." I said, looking down at the floor for a second before looking back at him. Ezra never looked happy when I mentioned Draco.

"Can I ask you something?" I said hesitantly, not sure if what I was about to do was smart. "Go ahead." Ezra said, pouring tea into my cup when the water was boiling. "Are you still in love with Lydia?" I asked boldly. I at least expected Ezra to frown or wince or look angry, but he didn't.

'Yes, I am.'
Please, universe, let him say that.
Or no, actually don't.
Enzo loves her too.
And—

"No, I'm in love with you." He said it so casually that it was becoming normal. I already knew this, but I was still taken aback. "She and I talked about it and we both agreed to be just friends. She's moved on too." Ezra said, noticing that I was rubbing my hands over my upper arms to keep myself warm.

"You— you two talked about it..?" I asked softly. Now all I could think about how amazing this'd be for Enzo. Lydia has moved on from Ezra too. "Yes, we did. Everything is good between us." Ezra said. He grabbed onto the hem of his black sweater, then pulled it over his head.